Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frito1224

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2011
oklahoma
I just got off the phone with an apple service tech she hinted to me that Lion will be released the end of this month or the beginning of next month

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
I just got off the phone with an apple service tech she hinted to me that Lion will be released the end of this month or the beginning of next month

We will see probably a public preview of Lion on the WWDC. This is from an Apple e-mail:
c04661ca.png

It makes sense to optimize Lion for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge. It saves future development costs.

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Snow Leopard took about two weeks after the GM was released for it to ship. I'd say mid to end June at the earliest.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Snow Leopard took about two weeks after the GM was released for it to ship. I'd say mid to end June at the earliest.

I’d say August/Sept is more likely. My best guess is that Apple will release Developer Preview 3 with more features that they will announce at WWDC. After that, bi-weekly seeds until a GM build in August.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
"I don't recall any company in the Milky Way Galaxy shipping an OS early."

Early is early and you were wrong.

No, I was right. I said, "I don't recall...".

Obviously I was using hyperbole by saying any company ever in the whole Milky Way. But if you have a broom stick up your pants leg, you'll sign in just to dispute this. Smoke a doobie.

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
No, I was right. I said, "I don't recall...".

Obviously I was using hyperbole by saying any company ever in the whole Milky Way. But if you have a broom stick up your pants leg, you'll sign in just to dispute this. Smoke a doobie.
Sorry but simply saying "I don't recall" does not make what you said correct.

Smoke a doobie? Sounds like someone's mad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.