Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Is there anyway to download 10 files within a folder (.rar's) simultaneously using Transmit?

I really love the client but for example if there is a folder on my FTP server that has 10 .rar's in it Transmit would download them one at a time, while Filezilla would download the 10 files at the same time. It is really annoying trying to download one folder with 50 .rar in it.

Thanks

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005

Locodice

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2011
Transmit for me is the biggest disappointment when it comes to a Mac only FTP client.

I have had nothing but trouble with it, from locking up my system when exploring a mounted drive to extremely painstakingly slow speeds.

It's a tossup between filezilla and cyberduck to which is better for me at least.

It's a shame for Panic (who make transmit) as they are obviously a very talented company when it comes to making Mac apps, take Coda for example, simply the best HTML editor money can buy - absolutely outstanding. Transmit is really letting the side down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.