PDA

View Full Version : Slow startup after sleep? (In Windows 7)

Monkeyfeng
May 4, 2011, 01:03 PM
Is anyone else having problem after sleep mode in Windows 7? I have Windows 7 Ultimate running in bootcamp. Everything is fine but whenever I have my macbook air in sleep mode, it takes at least 5 minutes for it to start. Sometimes, the trackpad doesn't even work. I wonder if this is a bug or something. It only happens if I put my macbook air in sleep mode for more than 12 hours.. It's weird..

rookiezzz
May 6, 2011, 07:48 AM
try to reinstall your win7 and the bootcamp drives..

if that's still not working bring it to the genius, cuz mine needs less than 1 minute to wake up from sleep (win7), and about 2mins to startup for win7 i guess.. :D

feeth
May 6, 2011, 09:52 PM
After unplugging the charger mine takes more then 30 to wake up in OS.

Sent from my EVO 4g.

Penooker
May 9, 2011, 12:26 AM
Yes, you have a problem. Mine takes maybe 10 seconds to come back from sleep. Mine is set to hibernate only if the battery is about to die, and that almost never happens for me.

I just tried a manual hibernate. To resume from that, it took about 45 seconds before the log-in screen and another 10 seconds before the keyboard / trackpad worked.

This is on the Late 2010 13" w/ 4GB and 128GB SSD.

dblanchard
Oct 4, 2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, you have a problem. Mine takes maybe 10 seconds to come back from sleep. Mine is set to hibernate only if the battery is about to die, and that almost never happens for me.

I just tried a manual hibernate. To resume from that, it took about 45 seconds before the log-in screen and another 10 seconds before the keyboard / trackpad worked.

This is on the Late 2010 13" w/ 4GB and 128GB SSD.

Thanks for your post. This was exactly the information I was looking for: what delay I should expect, the model, amount of RAM.

+1 for you.

twiggy666
Jan 21, 2012, 01:13 PM
I have a similar problem:
My Win7 takes about 5 min to start up and even longer to shut down. When trying to hibernate it also takes 5-10 min and then sometimes displays a "blue-screen of death", but it flashes by so briefly i havent managed to get a photo of it yet. Also battery icon says "plugged in and not chaging" even when its not plugged in.

Checked it in for service under AppleCare but they claimed its not hardware-related, suggested a re-install

I followed their suggestion but problem persists after 2 tries (legit untampered install disc that has worked just fine before)

Seems hardware related to me

Mine is a late 2008 MacBook Air, SSD HD

gentlefury
Jan 21, 2012, 01:22 PM
Mine is pretty instant in OSX and Win7.....might be an issue.

When windows starts acting up for me I just delete the bootcamp partition, repair permissions, re-partition and reinstall. But I only use Windows for Steam...so its really easy to get back to where I was.