Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeromer28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Hey guys. I really hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I recently purchased an m-audio interface from Best Buy for my home studio. It's been working great until the other day when I began recording and it would not pick up a signal for my mic. I have another mic that connects directly to the computer via usb. So i tried that mic and got the same results....nothing being recorded. If anyone knows whats going on I would greatly appreciate it because I honestly don't even know the source of the problem.

Jerome

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
what mic do you have, what interface do you have, how did you hook it up?

a USB wouldn't work with an interface, those have the "interface components" built-in, which is why it hooks up straight to the computer.

Jeromer28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
My mic is an Apex 435. I plug it into my m-audio fast track interface and that connects to my computer via usb connection.

Jeromer28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Yes the phantom power is on. It was working fine just the other day...now all of a sudden the green signal light doesn't come on.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
oh, i didn't realize it had been working*. sounds like your interface is broken.

* reading comprehension :-(

Jeromer28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
:-( i didn't want to hear that. It was in the back of my mind the whole time I was troubleshooting. Thanks for you help. I really appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.