PDA

View Full Version : HDMI cables for ipad connector

einmusiker
May 5, 2011, 09:20 AM
what kind of hdmi cable do you need to connect the ipad adaptor to your tv?

I'm thinking male to male but I'm not sure. does anyone have a link to one on amazon that they've found to work well? thank you

xraytech
May 5, 2011, 09:30 AM

I'm thinking male to male but I'm not sure. does anyone have a link to one on amazon that they've found to work well? thank you

No funky gender switching. Just get a normal hdmi cable.

Mr.C
May 5, 2011, 01:28 PM

As already mentioned any standard HDMI cable will do. It doesn't have to be an expensive one either as regardless of the price they are pretty much all the same.

Mac.World
May 5, 2011, 01:44 PM

Yes, it's male to male. Anything under 3 meters long and you can buy a generic brand off e-bay. Testing has shown there is no effect of buying generic vs a $75 gold plated super duper, top secret HDMI cable. I have bought the last 3 HDMI cables off e-bay for about $5-$10 equivalent. (I'm in Europe, so it is probably a tad more expensive than in the US).

Capt T
May 6, 2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240

They have good quality cables for the price.

MathRulz
May 6, 2011, 11:48 AM

I've used the Mediabridge brand on Amazon with no problems for all my HDMI cable needs.

a1sy
May 7, 2011, 10:00 PM
Yes, it's male to male. Anything under 3 meters long and you can buy a generic brand off e-bay. Testing has shown there is no effect of buying generic vs a $75 gold plated super duper, top secret HDMI cable. I have bought the last 3 HDMI cables off e-bay for about $5-$10 equivalent. (I'm in Europe, so it is probably a tad more expensive than in the US).

I am using 15 feet hdmi cable with no problem. purchased in local pchcables dot com for 12$

splogue
May 7, 2011, 11:27 PM
Yes, as has been mentioned before, any standard HDMI cable will work.

I'm using an Amazon basics cable with mine and it works just fine.

Monoprice is a fabulous place for cables, but fight your instincts and get the lightest gauge one they have for this. You really don't want a five pound cable hanging off your iPad.

The connector already disconnects way too easily, especially during a spirited racing game (which is why I bought mine).

Sean