Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattroberts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Canada
So after months of putting up with a useless battery I've decided to splurge after winning some money and replace my battery.

Now apple Canada tells me it'll 4-6 weeks to arrive! WTF?! The 17in Battery will take only 5-12 days but the 12in battery 4-6 weeks. What kind of supple chain management do they have?

Geeze.......

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
There is a worldwide shortage of Apple parts right now. This is the same case with iMac midplanes right now. I don't know why this is, but it may be because of the Christmas rush.

zpmqxonw

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2005
Yeah, i'm a college student who has been waiting for my iBook forever!!! It's been horrible because I pushed my Dell laptop until it just died, so I really need my iBook soon to write my papers, notes, etc.!

mattroberts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Canada
You know if i were an Apple investor - supply chain problems like this might give me cause for concern. How can they be so behind on ibooks and other parts when they're hoping for the ipod effect to take place? Will those switchers waiting for their MacMini wait all that long? is apples inability to scale production going to be a major factor? Is my issue just a symptom of larger problems? What do you guys think?

m

evilpenguin21

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Mine said four weeks too but they sent it the next day. I'm not saying yours will go out the next day i'm just saying it prolly won't take four weeks.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
mattroberts said:
You know if i were an Apple investor - supply chain problems like this might give me cause for concern. How can they be so behind on ibooks and other parts when they're hoping for the ipod effect to take place? Will those switchers waiting for their MacMini wait all that long? is apples inability to scale production going to be a major factor? Is my issue just a symptom of larger problems? What do you guys think?

m

I'm an investor, but I'm not concerned. We are talking about replacement parts here, a finished sale. Apple supply is catching up with demand. Shuffles are down to a couple days and the minis are down to a week.

mattroberts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Canada
daveway00 said:
I'm an investor, but I'm not concerned. We are talking about replacement parts here, a finished sale.

Ummmm... the guy (zpmqxonw) is waiting on an ibook. My office is waiting on g5's those aren't finished sales.

Batteries are consumables meaning - they are supposed to fail. There are millions of iPods out there are we supposed to believe that when their batteries inevitably fail that 4-6 weeks delays are going to be acceptable delays?

Apple could very easily piss off all their new customers with a n-"i already sold it to you but replacements parts?!?! you can wait on those" attitude

m

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.