PDA

View Full Version : Can a iPad2 copy from usb flash drive

ant2009
May 6, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hello,

Before I purchase my iPad2. I am just wondering can I copy files to it using a USD flash drive?

I know that the iPad2 doesn't have a usb port. I am just wondering if there any adapter that can be plugged in so that I can copy my files across?

Many thanks for any suggestions,

alust2013
May 6, 2011, 02:35 PM
There is not, unfortunately. You have to copy any music, pictures, videos or apps through a computer.

glen e
May 6, 2011, 02:40 PM
There is not, unfortunately. You have to copy any music, pictures, videos or apps through a computer.

use dropbox.....works perfect getting stuff in and out

Grimes
May 6, 2011, 02:51 PM
use dropbox.....works perfect getting stuff in and out

Yep... I do this on the iPhone all the time. Works great!

ant2009
May 6, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hello,

I was thinking that dropbox was the only answer. The only problem is that the files are very large 300+MB. Its just so inconverient that I would have to use a computer to upload the files, then download them again on my the iPad.

Thanks

SmittS
May 6, 2011, 03:16 PM
Some pictures and videos can be transferred to the iPad using the Camera Connection Kit. Once the iPad 2 is jailbroken I *think* you can use iFile in conjunction with the CCK. I didn't have the CCK when I had my jailbroken iPad 1.

kopulevich
May 12, 2011, 03:03 PM
Purchased the camera kit in hope it would be useful with ipad2. So far it is a waste. Tried with any of my usb drives - to no availl. Not recognized!
Despite FAT32, despite DCIM folder etc. Waiting for jailbreak...

So far installed Connectify (WiFi router) and Mangoose (one file http server) on my PC - so I can at least view a collection of photos from the PC. When I have a time - will write an html "wrapper" for it so I can browse the photos from my PC in a nice way.

BoBBo!
May 13, 2011, 11:44 AM
Hello,

I was thinking that dropbox was the only answer. The only problem is that the files are very large 300+MB. Its just so inconverient that I would have to use a computer to upload the files, then download them again on my the iPad.

Thanks

I assume you mean video files if they are that large in size. In any case, music is easy enough to sync through iTunes but yeah that you'd likely have to u/l.. Large PDFs I wirelessly send through Goodreader off my storage HDD or USB.

You can wirelessly play video files on an HDD backup or USB drive connected to your computer (without having to u/l the file) and then either watch it or convert->save the video to the iPad. Air video is pretty darnn cheap at $3.

Grimes
May 16, 2011, 09:26 AM
Saw this external HD that might be of value to you:
http://gizmodo.com/5802169/seagates-new-hard-drive-transfers-media-to-and-from-your-iphone-android-or-tablet-over-wi+fi