PDA

View Full Version : iPad icon name ?

Tex-Twil
May 7, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hello,
when I drag and drop in XCode the icon that I want to use for iPad, I get this message :

The file "/Users/me/xworkspace/MyProj/MyProj/Resources/Icon-72.png" already exists in your project, but the launch image must have the name "Icon-72.png". The file will be copied and added to your project as "Icon-72.png". Do you want to continue?

What is that supposed to mean ?

jnoxx
May 7, 2011, 07:49 AM
yea, i have that too..
U just have to delete it from your project, and then drag and drop, because it will create a new instance, it's really stupid. but well. it works afterwards ;)
So just have it on your desktop, remove it in your Xcode project; then drag and drop on Icon file, and tada. should work like a charm

Tex-Twil
May 7, 2011, 08:19 AM
ok .. yes it is kind of strange

cheers

Tex-Twil
Jun 15, 2012, 05:46 AM
What is annoying is that xcode puts those icons in the root folder of the project :( Isn't there a way to keep the icons where they are ? e.g. Resources folder

jnoxx
Jun 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
Nope, just drag and drop in there again :) I know it sux.. What you could do, is drag them into resources, and then onto your icon, does that still work?

Tex-Twil
Jun 15, 2012, 07:50 AM
Nope, just drag and drop in there again :) I know it sux.. What you could do, is drag them into resources, and then onto your icon, does that still work?

no matter what I do, the iPadIcon.png ends up in the root folder. Well, I'll have to live with that :) It's not bad, just annoying

thanks for your help