PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Buy

ClarkeB
Mar 11, 2005, 07:18 AM
Last night I was at Circuit City looking to buy Popular Season Two on DVD. Well, lo' an' behol', while walking around, I see a case with about 40-45 shuffles! I think for a second, and then have the guy open the case and I grab a 512 (while thinking I should get a 1GB...but I didn't feel like spending the extra $50. I am soo amazed by it! My favourite feature is pause-when-you-pull-out-your-headphones, but now I have to learn all the little tricks on the index card that came with it (hold, etc.)

(And after a third check of the store, they didn't have the DVD I wanted so now I'll have to go calling away to every DVD store to see if they have it :rolleyes: )

iGary
Mar 11, 2005, 07:43 AM
Congrats!

On an off-topic, I wish Buest Buy would carry the Bose Sound Dock, so i could use my BB card and get 6 month no fee financing. Anyway.

My favourite feature is pause-when-you-pull-out-your-headphones, but now I have to learn all the little tricks on the index card that came with it (hold, etc.)

The boo-click wheel iPods have that feature, too. :D

I had a 3G iPod, and like the sensitivity of the face, but like the click wheel better.

I'm ranting...more caffeine needed.

watcher2001
Mar 11, 2005, 08:18 PM
My desire to break into the ipod world was to buy a shuffle, however I could never find one. I finally broke down and ordered the 60GB photo direct from apple. This was done on a Saturday morning. On Sunday I walked into my local Target store and lo and behold what do I see. You guessed it, the shuffle I could never find. I decided at that time that my will would be strong and I would wait for my 60. Well on Monday I find myself back in Target again and my will breaks (Hey it is going to be 5 whole days before my 60 shows up), I am going to buy one.. But... You guessed it... They are sold out. I take this as karma and decide it is fate that I wait for my 60 but as I am walking out of Target I see a circuit city right down the lane. If it is reaaaalllllyyyy fate then they will be out too.. Walked in and they had a dozen of each. I bought the 512 and fell in love with it immediately... Then much to my surprise Tuesday morning my 60 showed up. I now use them both on a regular basis and have never been happier. Oh BTW I am ordering the mac mini next week....

Sutekidane
Mar 11, 2005, 09:23 PM
Wow, thats great Watcher2001. Definitely go for the mac mini. Also, don't worry, the ipod photo is much better than the shuffle. You're not missing out on anything.