Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ian3008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Hi all!

A few weeks ago I had the display on my Aluminum Late 2008 Macbook 13" replaced because of baclght bleeding.

Immediatly upon recieving the machine back, I noticed the display was significantly different. Slight adjustments of viewing angle resulted in distortion and discolorisation. Black colors are now indistinguishable, looking grey.

In short, the replacement screen was a far lower quality.

I reinstalled Mac OS (Snow Leopard) to make sure it wasn't a color profile issue.

I had the display replaced a second time and the issue was not resolved. This led me to believe the displays are simply a low quality.

The Store even tried to calibrate it for me. but to no avail.

Now, I am not satisfied with this arrangement. My eyes hurt from straining at the screen. I find the design work I do very difficult, since colors change on my screen all the time.

Each time I try to speak to Apple Geniuses about it, they tell me that I shouldn't expect each display to look the same, or that what I am experiencing is natural for a machine this age.

On the Lagom LCD test side, I can only differentiate the 'black' colors after number 8.

Viewing angle is horiffic.

You get the idea.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

discounteggroll

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Greenwich, CT
escalate the issue to the managers, or call apple corporate and express your disappointment in a company you have been using passionately in the past, but do not feel your customer experience has been met with this product. Be polite but disappointed. Apple's known for the customer loyalty satisfaction and will eventually right their wrong...eventually

ian3008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
escalate the issue to the managers, or call apple corporate and express your disappointment in a company you have been using passionately in the past, but do not feel your customer experience has been met with this product. Be polite but disappointed. Apple's known for the customer loyalty satisfaction and will eventually right their wrong...eventually

It totally pays to pursue. I called them up, and they decided my repair was sub-quality and have taken it upon themselves to make it right. They phoned the apple store who made the repair and have instructed them to do it differently.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.