PDA

View Full Version : Game Centre?

roadbloc
May 7, 2011, 10:21 AM
Since Apple are iPadifying OS X, I would really like to see Game Centre hit the Mac platform.

Thats all I have to say. Feel free to post you opinions on the matter.

MRiOS
May 7, 2011, 10:52 AM
I don't think that's a bad idea, though it may be difficult to implement with some games (I'm looking at you Steam) that said, I think we may have to wait until 10.7.5 or eve 10.8 before it truly becomes available/of mainstream use.

Tmelon
May 7, 2011, 11:30 AM
Always a possibility. I can see Apple holding out on a few features until the release is announced.

Blakeasd
May 7, 2011, 03:29 PM
Game Center would be a really nice idea!

roadbloc
May 7, 2011, 05:39 PM
I don't think that's a bad idea, though it may be difficult to implement with some games (I'm looking at you Steam) that said, I think we may have to wait until 10.7.5 or eve 10.8 before it truly becomes available/of mainstream use.

It's up to the developers whether their games use Game Centre or not. Since Game Centre is pretty much exactly what Steam does anyway, I doubt very much that Steam games would use it.

Not to mention, I think if the feature ever comes, it will only work for games purchased off the App Store like in iOS.

ufkdo
May 7, 2011, 06:00 PM
It's a very good idea, maybe one of the hidden ideas of Apple? Who knows.

spectre51
May 7, 2011, 06:10 PM
I like that idea. Hopefully Apple adds it in there. There are some casual iOS games that I think could have Mac OS ports and play just fine on both.

dethmaShine
May 7, 2011, 06:31 PM
Since Apple are iPadifying OS X, I would really like to see Game Centre hit the Mac platform.

Thats all I have to say. Feel free to post you opinions on the matter.

Hey, why is every other post of yours, claiming OS X iPadifying in the future releases? I think, almost everything apart from Mission Control is super good and good for the consumer market and the pro market. There are some annoyances but these will be taken care by Apple as they always have been.

So, seriously, its now troublesome to hear people sprewing non-sense in every other post, claiming OS X to be more like iPad. In my opinion, its OS X being OS X, just being more creative and more pro-user.

As for the topic, Game Center would be great.

roadbloc
May 8, 2011, 04:03 AM
Hey, why is every other post of yours, claiming OS X iPadifying in the future releases?

Because it is. Jobs said so himself in the "Back to the Mac" Keynote that he would be bringing iOS features to OS X. I'm not saying it as though it is a bad thing (although in some instances it is), it's simply the truth.

Six of the twelve features advertised on Apple's Lion website are what I'd call 'iOS inspired'. Clear to see that OS X is being iPadifyed.

sanjayippo
May 11, 2011, 12:05 AM
add me: sanjayippo

Patrick946
May 11, 2011, 10:47 AM
I'd much rather do everything through Steam.

Having a single network with all of your games and with friendslists etc. is really helpful, but when there are several networks that split up the userbase on a single system, it's pointless.