Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
My nice older Sandisk card reader pins are bent . I took it apart but could not straighten them enough to get it to work. My older but reliable Kodak uses the compact flash card.
I finally fig out how to get the camera to show up on this mini mac.using "image capture"
I found an old but looks like it should work single card reader It is an old "jumpshot" model It has the usb plug on its end. A green light show up when I inserted my compact flash card 512 card. But how do I look at the pictures on it. I even rebooted the comp several times.
I tried "image capture" under "applications"
Is there something else I am not doing right???? Thanks
jean

chevman

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2010
typically connected memory cards show up as volumes on the desktop when connected.

if not there, open a finder window and see if you see the volume on the left sidebar.

if neither of those, your card reader, card, or usb port could be faulty. try changing those three things and see what works.

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Do you have the card in backwards in the reader? That would get the reader's light to come on but the card won't show up on the desktop.

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
solved the mystery

It was the card size. Mb too big. The 128 and 512 mg cards would not work. I even tried it on old Xp mchs. well the 32 mb card works in that little old jumpshot card reader. too bad cause its small and was free .
Now I have to find another one. at least I believe the other slots work for other type cards

I know my printer has one but its across the room and hooked to my old Win mchs.....
Just chiming in case any one is interested or having similar problem
got another question will start a new thread
Thanks
Jean

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.