Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zampe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
I recently got an apple tv and have been browsing around. I wanted to watch an episode of Modern Family so I went into the iTunes tv section and dialed it up. But nothing showed up in the results. I double checked on my ipad, went into iTunes and sure enough all of the episodes are there and I can choose them and use airplay to stream them over to the apple tv.

But why arent some shows appearing when I search directly from the apple tv?? Am I missing something?

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Have you turned on home sharing on all of your devices? Once you do that, your computer will show up under computers and you then go to the tv shows and they should be there.

zampe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
The issue is not with files I am trying to share within my network. Its actually the shows that are available through the iTunes marketplace. When I look under TV shows (the second column in the apple tv menu) shouldnt I see all of the shows that iTunes has available for rent/purchase?

Shows like Modern Family which I know are available for purchase through iTunes are not on the list here for me to buy directly from my apple TV. Shouldnt that be the case or am I just supposed to use airsharing to watch them that way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.