Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Alongside eMac and iMac updates, ThinkSecret also reports that Tiger will be arriving in April.

Tiger has been long anticipated, and previous official announcements have only pointed to "the first half of 2005".

The rumor site expects the Tiger announcement and corresponding events on April 1, 2005 with shipments available by April 15th. Quicktime 7 is also expected alongside Tiger.

sabbath999

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2003
rural Missouri
Macrumors said:
Alongside eMac and iMac updates, ThinkSecret also reports that Tiger will be arriving in April.

Tiger has been long anticipated, and previous official announcements have only pointed to "the first half of 2005".

The rumor site expects the Tiger announcement and corresponding events on April 1, 2005 with shipments available by April 15th. Quicktime 7 is also expected alongside Tiger.
Waiting anxiously to buy Tiger server here. Hope it's sooner rather than later!

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
It would be nice if we could play around with Tiger in about 5 weeks. However, I'm still a bit skeptical. If it is true I only hope, Tiger Gold Master won't be premature.

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
atomicon said:
If I'm ordering a G5 from the Apple store as I type this, will I get a free upgrade to Tiger?

Probably not. Usually you can only upgrade for free after a new software version has been announced.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
The scary part is if Apple releases tiger that early there is still time for ANOTHER OS release before Longshot makes its debut and not only another release but an 18 month release timeframe.

Most excellent! :cool:

*drools at the thought of what might come out in 10.5*

mk_in_mke

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2003
Milwaukee, WI
Can we please talk about serious OS and stay focused!

zakatov said:
Good Job Apple!! :thumbs up:

Longhorn seems like an eternity away at this point..

EDIT: Now update the damn PMs!!!

(Just kidding)

It the news is true... Whoaw!!! Thumbs up Apple... Once again they score!

My only concern: I use FCP 4.5, DVD SP 3 and Motion... Sounds like it will cost me some $$$... Who cares... Apple, I am ready: bring the soft, I bring the cash!

Anyone has any idea as to what the boost in performance will be? I use a dual 2.5 G5 + 6 Gb of Ram... Was just wondering if the 64 Bits OS would add a lot...

Michel

crpchristian

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2005
NAB

NAB? If this is the year of HD then this would make sense to be in time for NAB. Tiger and QT&, FCP new version, ....new powermacs? 3ghz? dual multicore maybe...?? quad processor G5 ipod shuffle?

It would make for quite a showoff moment for Steven.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
If its true (I mean, easy to believe its not - with April 1st being involved and all...) then I will be so happy!

PowerBook 12.1", you BETTER be ready for me!!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Now our patience won't have to wait as long. If it is indeed released on the 15th, the Mac OS X on the 24th release date will be broken.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
zakatov said:
Hold on, announced April 1st??

April 1st??

If anyone remembers, GMail was announced on April 1st and everyone thought it was a joke and it wasn't.

And honestly, I don't think ThinkSecret, who is almost always dead on with rumors, would hurt their reputation for an April Fools Joke

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Well Think Secret is usually pretty accurate.

Probably announced April, 4 week lead time - remember the Panther countdown clock on Apple?

zakatov

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
South Florida
yg17 said:
If anyone remembers, GMail was announced on April 1st and everyone thought it was a joke and it wasn't.

And honestly, I don't think ThinkSecret, who is almost always dead on with rumors, would hurt their reputation for an April Fools Joke

Remember THIS ?

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
zakatov said:
Hold on, announced April 1st??

April 1st??

Yah I saw that as well but to be fair Google announced G-mail on the 1st. And why do I have a feeling this is going to tie into Longhorn somehow. Who looks the fool now sucker! HA! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.