PDA

View Full Version : Headohones with Felt ear cups, $80 limit

Cole JM
May 8, 2011, 07:25 PM
So I am looking for some new head phones, I would prefer felt ear cups, I know of the sennheiser 555's but I dislike the 1/4 adaptor to 1/8. so, guys, what are my options? I would also like to stay with some semiwell known brand, and as far as where to buy them? amazon is preferred.

miles01110
May 8, 2011, 07:38 PM
I've been using the Sony MDR-V6s for years now. Excellent across the range. When I bought them they were around $80 IIRC.

Cole JM
May 8, 2011, 07:46 PM
I've been using the Sony MDR-V6s for years now. Excellent across the range. When I bought them they were around $80 IIRC.

the only thing they lack is the felt earcups.

TMRaven
May 8, 2011, 08:23 PM
There's also the Audio Technica AD700, but if something as trivial as the adapter concerns you, then you'll either love or hate the huge size of their cups, the 3d wing system, and their lack of bass.

What will be your uses with them? Mobile or Home use? What type of attributes do you like to a sound signature? Bass, mids, highs, soundstage, clarity?

Cole JM
May 8, 2011, 08:29 PM
There's also the Audio Technica AD700, but if something as trivial as the adapter concerns you, then you'll either love or hate the huge size of their cups, the 3d wing system, and their lack of bass.

What will be your uses with them? Mobile or Home use? What type of attributes do you like to a sound signature? Bass, mids, highs, soundstage, clarity?
Home use, All of the above =D but I do like some good bass.

TMRaven
May 8, 2011, 09:04 PM
Sadly hard to get all of the above with such a low price point, let alone the requirement to have velour pads.

There is of course, the grados, but their pads are more along the lines of foam than velour-- not to mention they're on ear instead of over ear.

miles01110
May 9, 2011, 06:20 AM
In fact they are felt earcups; they just have a cover over them which you can take off if you really want.