PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Powerbook trackpads

Daveway
Mar 11, 2005, 04:20 PM
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=948

Looks like Apple should've stuck with Symantic.

jeremy.king
Mar 11, 2005, 04:21 PM
Looks like Apple should've stuck with Symantic.

Synaptics would have been a better choice ;)

abhishekit
Mar 11, 2005, 04:43 PM
Well, the iscroll mod gives a fabulous performance on my previous generation pb. So if Synaptics already had the capability, why did Apple change it ?

CaptainCaveMann
Mar 11, 2005, 05:40 PM
Well, the iscroll mod gives a fabulous performance on my previous generation pb. So if Synaptics already had the capability, why did Apple change it ?It probably has something to dop with cost. ;)

Daveway
Mar 11, 2005, 06:07 PM
Maybe Symantec couldn't handle the powerbooks because of the demand for the ipod and other buyers.

GoCubsGo
Mar 12, 2005, 12:33 AM
Maybe Symantec couldn't handle the powerbooks because of the demand for the ipod and other buyers.

That is because Symantec isn't handling anything. It was Synaptics. :)

And my trackpad seems fine on my less than 2 week old PowerBook.

qzak
Mar 12, 2005, 01:10 AM
i just got my 17" PB Thursday evening. i had been using a mouse, but noticed this when i didn't have a mouse today for a little while. i will use the trackpad, and say i try to move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other, it will make it like 3/4ths of the way or something, then stop. i'll try to get it working again and it wont, but moving the mouse moves the cursor no problem during this time. i just have to wait like 10 seconds and it will respond to touch again.

like i said i just got it thursday, and it's my first mac and i'm loving it already, so it really sucks that it looks like i'm gonna have to bring it into the store and have them send it out already :( . i'm leaving for a weeks vacation on tuesday, so i'll wait till i get back to bring it in.

bousozoku
Mar 12, 2005, 02:00 AM
Well, the iscroll mod gives a fabulous performance on my previous generation pb. So if Synaptics already had the capability, why did Apple change it ?

Who is to say that the 1.33 GHz models didn't already have the Apple-designed trackpad instead of something from Synaptics?

Mine certainly shocks me, but it's not a big deal. As far as the trackpad being erratic, so was the one on my 1998 PowerBook. Oh well, that's Apple--flaky like good pie crust.

Bern
Mar 12, 2005, 03:42 AM
I have the 12" Rev D and have not experienced this issue with the trackpad. It scrolls really well and moves around the screen normally.

:rolleyes: