Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
I just noticed this.. lol.. sorry if it's a repost

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 734

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
chibianh said:
I don't do Photoshop. lol.. seriously, I didn't photoshop it.

I have to back up chibianh. I just saw that AD with "G6" in it myself in another thread.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
tech4all said:
I have to back up chibianh. I just saw that AD with "G6" in it myself in another thread.
Hmmmm...ok then. Very odd. I couldn't see for myself (ad-free front page :D). The Goooooooogle & G6 made me assume it was a PS job...I'll shut up now :eek:

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
edesignuk said:
Hmmmm...ok then. Very odd. I couldn't see for myself (ad-free front page :D). The Goooooooogle & G6 made me assume it was a PS job...I'll shut up now :eek:

I think all of the ads say Gooooooogle. ;)

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I also noticed that ad. I'm so used to seeing ads about powerbook g5s and g6s that I don't even notice them anymore.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
The ad that put a hair up my nose is the "Mac Notebooks" Ad from Futureshop.ca (probably Canadians only see this one). The store doesn't carry Apples at all, just a bunch of Compaq etc. Wintel.

They are a discount electronic big box (like Best Buy or Circuit City - in fact Best Buy just bought Future Shop).

But... I noticed that by clicking on the Gooooogle link you can send Google feedback. So now I can vent on Google.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
sjpetry said:
Like it matter. :rolleyes:

Like, it does matter. To those of us who have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder it does. And the fact that I can't miss a chance to nudge edesignuk in the ribs a bit....

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Marketing People are sooooo Clever!

This is just some good advertising - gotta love marketing... this is a "Powermac G6, mac mall" serach on google.... :eek:

Apple Power Mac G6
... applemac powerbooks Macintosh G5 Powermac G6 Mac Powerbook ... detailed quotes and Apple Power Mac G6 advertising ClubMac MacContion MacMall PowerMax Using ...
http://www.buy-g5-powerbook.com/Apple_Power_Mac_G6.html - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

http://www.buy-g5-powerbook.com/Apple_Power_Mac_G6.html

SilentPanda said:
It even appeared at the bottom of this thread for me. I bought 2!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
iriejedi said:
This is just some good advertising - gotta love marketing... this is a "Powermac G6, mac mall" serach on google.... :eek:

Apple Power Mac G6
... applemac powerbooks Macintosh G5 Powermac G6 Mac Powerbook ... detailed quotes and Apple Power Mac G6 advertising ClubMac MacContion MacMall PowerMax Using ...
http://www.buy-g5-powerbook.com/Apple_Power_Mac_G6.html - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

http://www.buy-g5-powerbook.com/Apple_Power_Mac_G6.html

Beh. It's just a sleazy affiliate marketer with a clone of Apple's Store page that redirects you to Apple Store UK. "G5 powerbook and G6"... not only that they are keyword spamming Google with other companies' trademarks. another spamming, cheating SOTE.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Well now what

G6
Tiger
RAM boost to 512MB
New PM, iMac and eMac's :eek:

That a lot comming :p

link92

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
You can buy new and used CSS on eBay, or at least according to Goooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
themadchemist said:
Gotta love Google's targeted ads!
Got to love the pain that the advertisers are going through... :D
Clicking To Steal
When Advertisers Pay by the Look, Fraud Artists See Their Chance

By David A. Vise
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, April 17, 2005; Page F01

To Texas-based Auctions Expert International LLC, it was an easy way to make money on the Internet. Sign up with Google, which functions as a kind of online ad agency, and agree to let the online giant place ads on your Web site. Then, every time someone clicks on one of the ads, the advertiser pays a fee, and Google shares that fee with Auctions Expert.

The problem, according to a lawsuit filed last year by Google, is that Auctions Expert began clicking on the ads itself, artificially inflating the number of clicks and driving up the bills sent to advertisers.

Auctions Expert allegedly recruited as many as 50 people to click on online advertising, generating about $50,000 in ad revenue. The self-clicking was "worthless to advertisers, but generated significant and unjust revenue for defendants," the Google lawsuit said.

Auctions Expert, Google claims, appeared to be created solely to profit from manipulating the Internet ad process. A person answering the phone at the home of Sergio Marfin, an Auctions Expert executive named in the Google lawsuit, said Marfin was unavailable for comment.

[delete to end]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.