PDA

View Full Version : Lion - Change to Apple Mail?

wayneholbrook
May 9, 2011, 08:04 AM
I've been really hoping that with the release of Lion that there would be changes / upgrades to Apple Mail. It's really simple but I think it needs so much more.

A lot of us need a more business email client like outlook and all that it does such as follow up's, flagged mail for follow up, and so much more.

Anyone know if Apple Mail has any interesting update when Lion is released?

I like Outlook but doesn't sync well with Mac, looking into other clients but not sure which to choose, if Apple Mail gets an update then I hope there is no reason to switch.

andalusia
May 9, 2011, 08:12 AM
I've been really hoping that with the release of Lion that there would be changes / upgrades to Apple Mail. It's really simple but I think it needs so much more.

A lot of us need a more business email client like outlook and all that it does such as follow up's, flagged mail for follow up, and so much more.

Anyone know if Apple Mail has any interesting update when Lion is released?

I like Outlook but doesn't sync well with Mac, looking into other clients but not sure which to choose, if Apple Mail gets an update then I hope there is no reason to switch.

You can see all about Mail 5 in Lion on this video here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR5u4NqcLV0) It looks like a radical design change.

wayneholbrook
May 9, 2011, 09:15 AM
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

kirky29
May 9, 2011, 09:16 AM
Apple Mail 5 is awesome in Lion.
It's probably my favorite upgrade of OS X in Lion.

djon41
May 9, 2011, 09:58 AM
This sounds/looks promising. I really would like to use Mail.app for my email, but I hate the current interface. I really like the gmail interface/tools, but would like to use a desktop app for it, plus all my other work/school accounts.

Looking forward to it.