PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake issues

jwebster420
May 9, 2011, 02:40 PM
I am having problems with using Handbrake and VLC. I am using a MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) and when I try to use Handbrake it tells me I need to download the appropriate software for it to work, ie 32 bit handbrake to 32 bit VLC and 64 bit to 64 bit. I have downloaded the right one 64 bit, but it still doesn't copy the DVD well. There is a lot of skipping. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

saving107
May 9, 2011, 02:47 PM
What movie are you trying to copy, sometimes its not the software but the disc itself.

I have Handbrake 0.9.5 and VLC 1.1.9 and last week I bought The Green Hornet and I didn't want to use the Digital Download Copy, so I tried copy the movie myself but it kept getting stuck on Title #24 of 30. I have copied movies before and after The Green Hornet and it works just fine, but for some reason it won't take that disc.

My fix, I used Mac The Ripper to copy the Main Title (just the movie, no extra features), then I used Handbrake to convert that title to .mp4

jwebster420
May 9, 2011, 02:51 PM
I have tried both Old School and Step Brothers so far. And yea, I'm running the same versions as you.

jwebster420
May 9, 2011, 02:55 PM
You never got the message stating the 32 bit isn't compatible with 64 bit software message?