PDA

View Full Version : LiveProfile

ed.g
May 9, 2011, 02:51 PM
Hi guys,

My apologies if this has been discussed before. I wonder if any of you have tried LiveProfile. Is a cross plataform messenger with blackberry esque features.

http://www.liveprofile.com/

El3ctronics
May 9, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hi guys,

My apologies if this has been discussed before. I wonder if any of you have tried LiveProfile. Is a cross plataform messenger with blackberry esque features.

http://www.liveprofile.com/

Whatsapp is significantly cleaner, more feature rich and simply better. LiveProfile has had WAYY too much down time for me to ever consider using it again as a primary means of communication.

kicko
May 9, 2011, 04:06 PM
wrong post

ed.g
May 9, 2011, 04:14 PM
Whatsapp is significantly cleaner, more feature rich and simply better. LiveProfile has had WAYY too much down time for me to ever consider using it again as a primary means of communication.

I do agree with everything you said since whatsapp is the only messenger I use on my iphone. But I think this app can appeal more to blackberry users since it share a lot in common with bb msgr (features wise).

LiveProfile
May 10, 2011, 01:57 AM

We had some downtime around 2 weeks ago but nothing recently. We added 1 million users in 3 days and had to scale the increased traffic accordingly. The service is VERY stable now I encourage you to give it another try.

Can you elaborate on more feature rich than LP? We are working hard and rolling out features quickly. :)

El3ctronics
May 10, 2011, 08:21 AM
We had some downtime around 2 weeks ago but nothing recently. We added 1 million users in 3 days and had to scale the increased traffic accordingly. The service is VERY stable now I encourage you to give it another try.

Can you elaborate on more feature rich than LP? We are working hard and rolling out features quickly. :)

First of all, glad to see that you guys are involved in the community and willing to listen to customers. That alone, would make me support you and root for you to do well.

That being said, here are my issues with LiveProfile (currently) not including the stability issues I had when I previously used it:

-Bubble are way too big. When the keyboard is being used, I can't even see a full message. There is way too much spacing b/w the bubbles as well.
-The text within the bubbles is too small and has a weird font. It need to have a cleaner color scheme.
-The text bubble is much bigger than it needs to be (look how tight WhatsApp's bubbles are).
-The top space with user info as well as buttons (back, chat & profile) are way too large and take up an unnecessary amount of space.
-No group chat feature.
-UI needs a lot of work in general.

Below are screen shots comparing the two apps so you can see the difference when seen side to side. LiveProfile just needs some work to become as clean and as fast as WhatsApp...

El3ctronics
May 11, 2011, 11:49 AM
Guess LiveProfile doesn't check this forum very often.

LiveProfile
Jun 8, 2011, 10:28 PM
Guess LiveProfile doesn't check this forum very often.

Sorry for the late response. Those changes have been made :) Groups are on the way!

njaremka
Jun 9, 2011, 06:55 AM
Sorry for the late response. Those changes have been made :) Groups are on the way!

when will groups be available? you've been saying "Soon!" for MONTHS. sorry, but WhatsApp is currently the better choice.

AAPLaday
Aug 21, 2011, 05:22 AM

I see from your recent job postings that a WP7 version will be made available sometime in the near future. Any timescale for this?

El3ctronics
Aug 21, 2011, 08:42 PM
Still not a fan of the UI in general. Definitely much better than before but Whatsapp looks and feels much cleaner (at least to me).