PDA

View Full Version : cleaning my ibook

keithpetey
Mar 11, 2005, 09:53 PM
i have an ibook that ive used constantly for the last 3-4 months and now they have like darker shade on the plastic where my wrists lie when im typing. is it permanent? or will it rub off with some household cleaner? how do i get it off?

thanks in advance,
keith

puckhead193
Mar 11, 2005, 09:58 PM
try iklear, u can get it at the apple store. My brother has the same prob with his ibook. Just use some elbow grease when cleaning it

question fear
Mar 11, 2005, 10:20 PM
spin cycle.

j/k, iklear from what i've heard is good. also, a white pencil eraser can work well too.

Sutekidane
Mar 11, 2005, 10:22 PM
I had a dark spot on my ibook that I could never get off, I even tried bleach. what did work awesomely though, is a pink rubber eraser, from a pencil or one of those bigger pink erasers. good luck.

stevietheb
Mar 11, 2005, 10:42 PM
If you can find them (they seem to be hard to find lately), the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on the iBook (and many other surfaces!)...Just don't get the trackpad wet, as I understand it, that leads to badness.

puckhead193
Mar 11, 2005, 11:22 PM
If you can find them (they seem to be hard to find lately), the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on the iBook (and many other surfaces!)...Just don't get the trackpad wet, as I understand it, that leads to badness.

They also work on cars too (don't ask) :o

hcuar
Mar 12, 2005, 06:39 AM
They also work on cars too (don't ask) :o

It works on everything... Even that not so fresh feeling... Umm... never mind... don't ask. :o

keithpetey
Mar 12, 2005, 10:12 PM
hey thanks for the ideas. i used to pencil eraser but my only problem with that it that there were lines afterward. im sure i wouldnt have that problem if i used a bigger one. but i got rid of those with the cd doctor scratch pad. and that worked really good. its looks brand new.