PDA

View Full Version : Export settings voice/narration etc

lia77
May 9, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hello!
Is there anybody out there who could help me with audio export settings in imovie?
I have recorded a couple of sound clips (of me reading) that I would like to export into aiff files (i think that one is the best audio format, or am I wrong?) and then reimport them again as voice over in another imovie project.

I am using imovie 11 and can choose between many settings which include for example the rate which i can have at 48 kHz or even higher.What would be the best settings to use there? Is the higher the rate the better?

I am also confused about the linear PCM settings. Should i have it at 16 as is default or would it be better at 64? I have tried to export and reimport into itunes but canīt really hear any difference. But maybe itīs my speakers?

( I am doing an animated film which will be screened in a small theatre by the way)

I would very much appreciate some advice!

Thank you!

Lia

firestarter
May 9, 2011, 10:57 PM
How did you record your audio into iMovie? Is it the soundtrack of a video?

If the clip is already in iMovie, your voice is likely to be in linear PCM 16, 48kHz. If you export using that with AIFF, that should be fine.

lia77
May 10, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hi firestarter,
thank you for writing back!
I recorded the audio using a canon stereo digital video camera.
I tried exporting the audio into aiff-files as you said, with the same settings, and I did a test on bigger speakers today and I think it sounds pretty good! So I will stay with those settings:)

Thank you and have a good evening!