Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DesignDJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Ok, so I'm not impressed at all with Apple TV and Netflix. I get the "Netflix currently not available" error all the time and it's starting to annoy my entire family. I know for a fact that Netflix is available because we have an internet enabled Vizio TV with Netflix in the other room that works flawlessly. I'll get the error on the Apple TV and not on the Vizio TV. They are both running off of my wifi, I have a strong connection and a good wireless signal, they are both the same distance from my router. The only way to get around it is to hit menu a bunch, back out, go back to the show or movie over and over again until it works. My wife is ready to stop using it all together. Does anyone have any ideas?

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Funny, I just got this message for the first time (after more than 6 months with the ATV2), and could not figure it out. Not sure what caused it, but it's been preventing me from watching anything for the past hour.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
It seems as though Netflix for iOS devices is using a different source or server than other devices. When the error you described crops up, usually it goes away immediately.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
netflix is up and running for me now. When backing out via menu i get the "Netflix is not available at this time" warning. but otherwise everything seems to be loading, movies and tv shows.

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
Looking at their tech support forums, there is a problem with Netflix on ios, Ps3, etc... So best bet is look at the Netflix website or their Facebook page for factual answers...

RWinOR

macrumors 6502
Ok, so I'm not impressed at all with Apple TV and Netflix. I get the "Netflix currently not available" error all the time and it's starting to annoy my entire family. I know for a fact that Netflix is available because we have an internet enabled Vizio TV with Netflix in the other room that works flawlessly. I'll get the error on the Apple TV and not on the Vizio TV. They are both running off of my wifi, I have a strong connection and a good wireless signal, they are both the same distance from my router. The only way to get around it is to hit menu a bunch, back out, go back to the show or movie over and over again until it works. My wife is ready to stop using it all together. Does anyone have any ideas?

I get this on occasion as well. It is almost always followed by an e-mail from Netflix issuing a credit for the interruption I had that particular day. Netflix normally works very well for me.

churchrd

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
I get this message quite often. It's usually resolved after I unplug and plug the power chord back in.

I'm hoping a patch can fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.