PDA

View Full Version : In love with a iMac G4....

macdatadrive
May 10, 2011, 01:46 AM
Yes everyone.
I have finally cracked.
After watching several time the hilarious "Window Shopping" ad, and many, man, many unboxings, I am in love with the iMac G4.
Yes, I know, you say I should be grateful... I have a white intel iMac, iPod touch 4g, and yes... a ibook g4.... but still... I want this mac soooo much.

NO i cannot buy one.

Can someone please tell me why I have this insanity and how I can cure my cravings???

PS please post any imacs you have, and say why you love it...

fhall1
May 10, 2011, 06:16 AM
Why can't you buyt one? I picked up the one in my sig for $100 on Craigslist and added 512M RAM and a larger HD....total cost was less than $180

Hrududu
May 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
Its only one of the most beautiful computers ever created. :rolleyes:

stroked
May 10, 2011, 11:58 AM
I look on Craigslist every day for a G4 imac, even though I have 3 PPCs and an Intel.

17" imac with Snow Leopard
iBook and Quicksilver with Leopard
G3 imac with Tiger, too slow to use, but it looks good sitting there next to my other imac

Time to check CL

chrismacguy
May 10, 2011, 02:09 PM
I look on Craigslist every day for a G4 imac, even though I have 3 PPCs and an Intel.

17" imac with Snow Leopard
iBook and Quicksilver with Leopard
G3 imac with Tiger, too slow to use, but it looks good sitting there next to my other imac

Time to check CL

pah. I look daily and I have 11 PPCs and 4 Intels...

AWallen90
May 10, 2011, 02:53 PM
It is a gorgeous design. If you weren't in love with it I would suggest hitting up the doctor.

SkippyThorson
May 10, 2011, 03:15 PM
The first Apple desktop I got was my 17" 1.25ghz iMac G4. I picked that up when they were still pretty big a few years ago for $300. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

I put a Wanted Ad on Craigslist for one a short time ago, and as luck would have it, an old High School teacher sold me the 15" 800mhz one that I fell in love with when I was there. It was the first Mac I got a chance to use, because they were rare in my High School, and I always wanted one.

Kind of funny how I ended up getting that specific one. Ah, PPC memories. :)

In short, if you don't think you can find one, or if you don't think you can afford one, just put free Wanted Ads out there. You may be surprised with the results.

robla64
May 10, 2011, 08:00 PM
I just picked up a 700 hrz iMac g4 on CL for 40 bucks. I am adding airport to it and have installed Tiger. I just love the look...still have no idea what I'll do with it.

stroked
May 10, 2011, 08:14 PM
pah. I look daily and I have 11 PPCs and 4 Intels...

I got my 1st one back in December. Give me a while, I might catch up.

I just picked up a 700 hrz iMac g4 on CL for 40 bucks. I am adding airport to it and have installed Tiger. I just love the look...still have no idea what I'll do with it.

That's what I'm looking for. most of the macs around here, are over priced.

Riky.loebis
May 11, 2011, 12:40 AM

hahaha same like me,,
i'm think the best imac design, ever created...

i love design imac g4
but i just listening music, watch movies and certainly always surfing on internet in imac g4 ,,hehe

macdatadrive
May 11, 2011, 01:48 AM
Believe you me, if I could buy one, I would! But I'm too young to buy one myself. See, I still believe it's the most beautiful mac ever made. I saw an awesome one the other day for I think 99 pounds, and it had, let's see...

The iMac G4 (duh)
The iMac G4 power cable (duh)
A Apple Wired Keyboard (obviously)
Apple Pro Mouse (awesome)
ALL the original install discs... (WOW!)
Plus, I think he bundled jaguar or panther with it....

Oh, the sadness of being too young to buy that computer...

(Yes, if you are wondering this is why I haven't bought extra ram, or a new battery or anything else I have blabbed on about....

stroked
May 11, 2011, 02:00 AM
Believe you me, if I could buy one, I would! But I'm too young to buy one myself. See, I still believe it's the most beautiful mac ever made. I saw an awesome one the other day for I think 99 pounds, and it had, let's see...

The iMac G4 (duh)
The iMac G4 power cable (duh)
A Apple Wired Keyboard (obviously)
Apple Pro Mouse (awesome)
ALL the original install discs... (WOW!)
Plus, I think he bundled jaguar or panther with it....

Oh, the sadness of being too young to buy that computer...

(Yes, if you are wondering this is why I haven't bought extra ram, or a new battery or anything else I have blabbed on about....

macdatadrive, ( BTW cool name ) How can you be too young to buy an old Mac?

motulist
May 11, 2011, 02:15 AM
I don't get it. I've heard lots of people lust after the imac G4, but It doesn't look like anything so super amazing to me. I mean, it looks cute, but that's all. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

666sheep
May 11, 2011, 10:52 AM
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

This.
BTW, I fully understand OP's POV. I am still looking for my dream 20" one... Even if I own more outdated computers than I can use frequently :D

Just such a perversion, you know ;)

macdatadrive
May 13, 2011, 06:40 AM
Well, (thank you, I couldn't think of a username!) I am a lot younger than you think... But I am cyber-safe and you will never get any personal information out of me!!! (LOL x3)

macdatadrive
May 13, 2011, 06:41 AM
alright and too clear up one fact - I AM A GIRL!!!!

AdrianK
May 13, 2011, 11:08 AM
I AM A GIRL!!!!

But I am cyber-safe and you will never get any personal information out of me!!!

Well, that's just too bad ;)

applegeek13
May 14, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have a 15 inch 800MHz one. I have used it exactly once, when I wiped the drive and put Leopard on it. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it just yet. But I got it for a pittance, and I'm not one to part with macs easily.

SweetOrange
May 19, 2011, 01:56 AM
I have an Imac G4 I am trying to sell. I put it on craigslist but no bites yet.
Anyone interested? I'm in San Diego.

I put it up for $350 because I saw others had put it up for that much, but maybe price is too high?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/sys/2389440037.html

Sweet

Wiyono
May 19, 2011, 05:45 AM
Looks like a 20 Inch Last gen iMac.
You should describe the screen size if you want it To sell At that price

fhall1
May 19, 2011, 06:04 AM
I have an Imac G4 I am trying to sell. I put it on craigslist but no bites yet.
Anyone interested? I'm in San Diego.

I put it up for $350 because I saw others had put it up for that much, but maybe price is too high?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/sys/2389440037.html

Sweet

I'd say $350 is too high. I bought the G4 in my sig (with only 512M RAM) for $100 after watching the guy start at $225, then go to $175, then $125....he took my $100 offer. Since yours is the USB 2.0 model and can support 2GB RAM max you should be able to get $250 for it - depending on the screen size - which you should list.