PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the iMoshi anti glare screen protector?

ccb0x45
May 10, 2011, 02:10 AM
Has anyone used this:
http://www.amazon.com/Moshi-iVisor-AG-for-iPad/dp/B003YMC5RC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305011215&sr=8-1

I have a few questions:

Is it easy to take off and remove, without leaving marks?

Does it work on the ipad 2?(I assume the screen and bezel is the same size, but what about the camera/light sensor).

Is there a better removable anti glare screen cover?

Does it really help with viewing out in the sun?

I really don't want something permanent, just something I can throw on when I am out in the sun or going on a trip where I know I will be in the sun a lot.

cbronfman
May 10, 2011, 06:02 AM
Amazon's is for iPad 1. You can ger the AG direct from Moshi for iPad2. I received mine this past weekend but haven't installed it yet. I'd have to remove the iCarbons front cover and I'm not ready to do so yet. There are some other threads on the Moshi AG. Search by thread and you'll find them. Generally they are positive.

nwbusa
May 10, 2011, 06:21 AM
Recommend the Power Support AG film for the iPad 2. Not cheap but worth it IMO.

ccb0x45
May 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
Recommend the Power Support AG film for the iPad 2. Not cheap but worth it IMO.

Can you easily take on and off the power support AG film? I don't think you can? I don't want something permanent.

Where is iMoshis direct site? imoshi.com doesn't work?

iphone1105
May 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
Can you easily take on and off the power support AG film? I don't think you can? I don't want something permanent.

Where is iMoshis direct site? imoshi.com doesn't work?

PS is easy to take off, just a little piece of tape lifts it off. And you can clean and reuse it! It's is indeed not a permanent film!

Moshi store link (store.moshimonde.com)

VietNam
May 10, 2011, 12:48 PM
Here is the link for moshi website www.store.moshimonde.com. I just found out that ATT store in my state WA carries them, i want to get it so bad. I have only heard good comment about it, i will try to go to Att store today to get one. I will let u all know how good it is later.

oakie
May 10, 2011, 07:21 PM
i've tried it and am not personally a fan. it hovers above the screen by half a millimeter or so, which causes it to feel like a resistive style touch screen and the clarity is also affected due to this, since matte covers only work best when placed directly on the glass. i ended up tossing it for a powersupport screen film instead.

VietNam
May 10, 2011, 07:31 PM
Oh really? I was so excited to give it a try but i guessed not then.Thanks for ur post

mrbunglez
May 10, 2011, 09:10 PM
I have the moshi ivisor and i cant tell its even on. Ive had power support and the sgp ultra fine and ultra optics, and i have to say the moshi ivisor is just as good if not better than those other ones. To the other poster that said it messes with clarity i can honestly say the screen clarity looks similar to those other screen shields.
Plus the fact that its the easiest to apply with no bubbles.
If i had to choose out of all the ones i listed id pick the moshi ivisor to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Bossman
May 11, 2011, 08:36 AM
I had it on mine for over a month, just took it off. The clarity isn't a huge deal, but what was a deal breaker for me is the anti glare finish actually seems to collect dust and feels gritty when using gestures or scrolling. It needs frequent wipe downs to remove finger lint (not prints...lint) from the surface.

Not a fan of the anti glare for a touch screen.