Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Babybandit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Hello all! So, with the school projects completed including my own evaluation... I would like to know what the larger communities think about the work I've done. I know there's a thread for MacRumor-er's Short Films but couldn't find it. If any moderators would like to move it in there (Or the Thread Curator would like to add these two films into it), I'd be more than Happy!

First Up : 'Qian Nan' which is the phonics for Light Blue in Mandarin

Qian Lan (Light Blue)

The Story was inspired by real events observed from my mother's workplace ( conflicts between two very different men that changed over several months). Due to several constraints and requirements, we kept the story within a day. Personally, I feel that the extra 8 minutes we had in the first cut would have made the development of the two's relationship more realistic - but as with any courseworks, there are limits. Realism was what we aimed for, though I did notice that we ended up moving slightly away from it.

We had literally no budget at all and begged to film there for about 12 hours total. It was rushed, but we made do with what we had. Was it the film I wanted? Not completely. Whilst it was supposed to be a critique of Hong Kong's working environment, we had no time to do much critique... Just... Show and Tell. I would be really appreciative of your comments about the whole film in general and possibly the improvements I can make as a Director and a Cinematographer? And really, your experiences in a working environment, is it similar to that?

Disconnect
This was the winner of a local 48 Hour Film Challenge. And although it was flashier and very fun to make... There's something I don't completely like about it - maybe it was sour taste from the process of making it because everyone was stressed out and such. It talks of a Schizophrenic who is unsure of himself. He's slowly but surely changing into the other him, and he wishes to stop it. Spot the Donnie Darko Reference if you can!

Disconnect

Again, any Feedbacks would be awesome. And please don't spare me because I'm a student!

Thanks!
Calvin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.