PDA

View Full Version : Best Guess: When do you think Lion will arrive?

havocist
May 10, 2011, 01:01 PM
WWDC is June 6-10. Will they announce a ship date or will it be available the day of the keynote?

Hellhammer
May 10, 2011, 01:02 PM
My guess would be August. More info in WWDC plus prices and shipping info of course.

dethmaShine
May 10, 2011, 06:27 PM
Best guess?

August and not before that.

Thunderbird
May 10, 2011, 11:58 PM
Like HH and deth, I've been thinking August all along.

At the WWDC, they'll probably have a release date, or at least a specific window (e.g. early August)

dethmaShine
May 11, 2011, 08:52 AM
Like HH and deth, I've been thinking August all along.

At the WWDC, they'll probably have a release date, or at least a specific window (e.g. early August)

I don't have something very explainable except for a though that, Apple will give the users/developers at least 2 months to crave in and think about the features. I think this release can be shifted to September with the release of the new macbook airs.

It's not hard to predict the date, but in the worst circumstances, this is getting released before September 31'st.

antmarobel
May 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
My bet...September.

Tankfantry
May 11, 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm sticking with Mid-Late August as well. WWDC should have pricing and order dates as well as a more in-depth look. Since it was stated to come out in the summer I wouldn't think September.

Thunderbird
May 11, 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm sticking with Mid-Late August as well. WWDC should have pricing and order dates as well as a more in-depth look. Since it was stated to come out in the summer I wouldn't think September.

Technically, September is still the Summer up until Sept. 21.

If the Lion preview at WWDC turns out to be a relatively short segment, then it will be a sign it's further away than July or even August, which would mean sometime in September. If I'm not mistaken, I believe S.L. was promised for the summer as well, and didn't get released until early Sept.

bigjnyc
May 11, 2011, 12:33 PM
WWDC announcement
Early September release

Takuro
May 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm betting at the WWDC a near finalized version will be showcased, with the official wallpaper and whatnot. I'd normally say August would be the release date. Since there will be no iPhone event in June this year, I could see Lion coming out sooner in early to mid July.

Remember Lion is technically "ahead of schedule." Early to GM, early to release.

rorschach
May 11, 2011, 08:56 PM
September 2nd

Evo-L
May 11, 2011, 09:34 PM
July 20th

SR71
May 11, 2011, 09:37 PM
I'm guessing that since there will be no iPhone announcement at this years WWDC, they will instead announce the release of Lion when the iPhone's are usually released. So, my guess is late June, early July. Then again, though, what do I know? This is only my first Mac. :)

sheepopo39
May 12, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'm hoping for an August release, but I wouldn't be surprised if Apple delayed it by a few months, maybe to October.