PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2005FPW LCD $599/free shipping.. Canadian!

notjustjay
Mar 12, 2005, 10:49 AM
Fellow Canadians,

Today's the day.

Pick up your Dell 2005FPW and use coupon NMG5T8ZC9K$6WB to get an extra $350 off, for a grand total of $599 with free shipping... or $688 once you pay your 15% PST+GST (Ontario at least).

This coupon is valid for today only, it's part of their 10 days of savings.

Go to it! :D

supergod
Mar 12, 2005, 11:55 AM
Oh god, I think I have to buy this. I've been waiting so long for Apple to introduce a new lower end monitor or lower the price on the 20": and I'm sick of waiting. I think I'll sell my 17" flat screen CRT Studio Display and upgrade... At the same time, I think this is one of the ugliest monitors ever, especially from the back. Crap... tough decision.

notjustjay
Mar 12, 2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I don't much like the looks of this one either, but it's HALF the cost of the Apple 20" LCD. I figure I'll do the electrical-tape thing and cover up the Dell logo, at least :)

It'll do until the day I become rich and get an Apple display. And it'll do dual input and all that other good stuff too.

I'll be selling my BenQ 17" to help pay for this.

supergod
Mar 12, 2005, 05:38 PM
Well, I ordered the Dell. I'm not anticipating it with the energy that I do when I order a mac product, but I realize it's going to be sick. I was going to have to get rid of my xBox and dreamcast going to university, but now I can just hook them both up to the Dell!
I'm going to have to sell my Apple CRT monitor because it's taking up too much room (what a shame: it is in my opinion one of the most beatiful electronics products ever).
Shame the thing is so ugly: it will go with my ugly Altec Lansing speakers... and ruin the look of my powermac G5!

notjustjay
Mar 12, 2005, 10:02 PM
I guess there aren't too many other Canadians out there, eh? ;)

Only an hour left for this great deal...

Edit: this deal works out to about $483 USD.

douglas
Mar 13, 2005, 12:55 PM
I guess there aren't too many other Canadians out there, eh? ;)

Only an hour left for this great deal...

Edit: this deal works out to about $483 USD.

Thanks for the tip - I bought 2. Great Deal!

CanadaRAM
Mar 13, 2005, 01:15 PM
Couple of things:
If you order two on the same order, the $350 discount is applied only to the first one, you get 10% off the second one only.

I don't know if you can get the $350 discount twice by sending in separate orders under the same name.

Dell.ca's price a week ago on this unit was $899, they cranked the price up to $949 and then advertised a discount.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

----Bowie----
Mar 13, 2005, 02:01 PM
:mad: I can't believe I missed such a good deal on the exact display I wanted. Is there a chance such a deal will return soon? :confused: :mad: :confused: :(

douglas
Mar 13, 2005, 03:04 PM
Couple of things:
If you order two on the same order, the $350 discount is applied only to the first one, you get 10% off the second one only.

I don't know if you can get the $350 discount twice by sending in separate orders under the same name.

Dell.ca's price a week ago on this unit was $899, they cranked the price up to $949 and then advertised a discount.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com
I ordered 2 monitors saturday and, yes, got the $350 discount twice by using a separate order for each.

hpeezy
Mar 13, 2005, 04:18 PM
:mad: I can't believe I missed such a good deal on the exact display I wanted. Is there a chance such a deal will return soon? :confused: :mad: :confused: :(

me too!
when is the deal coming back?????

or....... does anyone know how to spin the earth backwards? :o

supergod
Mar 15, 2005, 05:23 PM
Haha. Suckers. Mine is due to arrive next Thursday.