PDA

View Full Version : weird apple store shipping problems

jadedscenester
Mar 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
i ordered a bto ibook (extra ram, extra HD) from apple store on 2/19. i have been through est. ship dates of 2/25, 3/3, 3/9, 3/15. which sucks, but today it got even weirder. my est. shipping date yesterday was 3/15 and today i checked my order status like i have been doing way too often. it said 3/17. weird, because normally when they have pushed it back i get an email, and it delays to the next week (6 days) but this one had no email and was a 2 day delay. i checked details to get some info on it, and the original order had been CANCELLED!? and replaced with a new order. the new order is exactly the same specs and price. what happened here, has anyone else experienced this? i'm worried that after waiting a month i've been pushed to the back of the queue because of the new order and am going to have to wait another eternity.

vieoray
Mar 12, 2005, 11:45 PM
after the third delay apple sends an email that you must reply to in order to continue with your order. did you reply within the time they specified? if you replied late, that might be one reason why your order was cancelled and replaced.

_dustym
Mar 13, 2005, 09:44 AM
I bought a refurb iBook 1.2ghz on 3/3 and the ship date was supposed to be 3/10. They pushed to 3/18 and I called and cancelled. By the time they would have finally shipped it, I would have enough money to buy a powerbook. :rolleyes:

buryyourbrideau
Mar 13, 2005, 10:22 AM
apple's shipping has always been really screwy with comp's and not other products

jadedscenester
Mar 13, 2005, 04:15 PM
after the third delay apple sends an email that you must reply to in order to continue with your order. did you reply within the time they specified? if you replied late, that might be one reason why your order was cancelled and replaced.

yes, i did take care of those emails both times they were sent.