Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axeldtf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
I'm having problems with my movies getting cropped once they are burned onto a disk for dvd players. I included a video of my issue with hopes that it will explain it a lot easier.

View My Video

Very unsure why this is happening. I am a novice when it comes to this type of stuff.

axeldtf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
That was 720 x 405. It also happens with 960 x 540. The codec is H624. This happens on all my dvd players and even if i bring the movie file (.mp4) to a flash drive and watch it in my blue ray player.

Nov 28, 2010
located
That was 720 x 405. It also happens with 960 x 540. The codec is H624. This happens on all my dvd players and even if i bring the movie file (.mp4) to a flash drive and watch it in my blue ray player.

But can you share more information? Like how did you import the footage into iMovie with what exact settings?
And what settings did you use in iDVD?

Have you considered connecting your Mac to the TV directly?
How to: Connect a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro to a TV

axeldtf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
I used the magic dvd setting in idvd. Not sure how i imported it into imovie. Are there different ways? I do know the aspect ratio was 16:9 in the project properties. I hope that info helps. I'll try to give you any info you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.