PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express for Video

ColdFlame87
Mar 12, 2005, 06:44 PM
does anyone else think that it will be awesome to have apple design a product similar to airport express but instead of transfering audio to your stereo it sends video , like what ever you have on your computer screen and you can use your tv in a sense as a computer monitor that would be used to watch DVD's from your computer on your TV monitor, and vice versa i believed that they would just have to make channel in which you would transmit all the images similar to the way the tv receives it from an antenna and so forth. This I think would be a great thing to have and i would purchase it as soon as its released. Anyone with me on this? ;)

superbovine
Mar 12, 2005, 09:52 PM
does anyone else think that it will be awesome to have apple design a product similar to airport express but instead of transfering audio to your stereo it sends video , like what ever you have on your computer screen and you can use your tv in a sense as a computer monitor that would be used to watch DVD's from your computer on your TV monitor, and vice versa i believed that they would just have to make channel in which you would transmit all the images similar to the way the tv receives it from an antenna and so forth. This I think would be a great thing to have and i would purchase it as soon as its released. Anyone with me on this? ;)

so if apples solves the wireless bandwidth problem without having to use a dish to transfer the video then i am with you. just to transfer dvd audio, 5.1, it takes i believe 700 mb/s per channel so that is like 4.2 mb/s not to mention whatever the bandwidth the video takes up. then you will still have to deal with latency and buffering which isn't really acceptable when watching video or trying to control a mouse.