Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sivaprakash

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Chennai, India
Hi

With the help of this reference http://bit.ly/ifA3N8 I am trying to prepare a package for my application but for some reason it doesn't go well.

It is actually a very simple application, I did following steps

1. Opened PackageMover and entered Organization Name and set minimum OS target as 10.5 (but my development machine version is 10.6)
2. Entered title
3. Drag and dropped my app
4. Under Contents I set Owner as Root and Group as Admin
5. Did Build and Run
6. Installed the application successfully

But it is not getting installed anywhere?

Am I missing anything ?

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Assuming you set the destination properly? Here's mine for a reference. If you have, then we have a mystery... that can be solved.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-12 at 9.32.44 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-12 at 9.32.44 AM.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 112

sivaprakash

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Chennai, India
Hi

When I say "Application/TestApp" in destination it creates directory under Applications directory but my App is not been placed under that directory.

Thanks
Siva

itsamystery

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
Packagemaker questions

I chose this thread because I couldn't find a better one for my issue.
I have to create a delivery method for our Excel add-in. We create it on Windows and it goes to both Windows and Mac.

I want something that will show the Mac user an icon, they click on it, and the files (3 of them 2 diff locations) magically install in the correct location.
Is Packagemaker what I want or is it better to go with a DMG file that they'd have to manually move?

Also, what if they don't have Packagmaker on their Mac? will it still work? When the user double-clicks the icon, do they get sent to Packagemaker, or does the installer just take over.

I'm having trouble seeing the big picture and don't find any literature on this.
Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.