PDA

View Full Version : DP2 Update 2 & Core Duo

tsmith
May 12, 2011, 04:22 PM
After updating DP2, Lion won't boot on my MBP Core Duo. I know for the first DP you had to remove platformsupport.plist and it was good to go. But now it seems DP2 updated doesn't work with that trick.

I've been searching around but cannot find anyone else who has mentioned this issue who also has a core duo.

Does anyone have any information on this or what to do to make it work on Core Duos again?

iLog.Genius
May 12, 2011, 05:13 PM
You're better off asking in Apple's developers forum as those will be the people with the DP releases. There won't be many here to help you.

Morris
May 14, 2011, 06:46 AM
OS X Lion officially requires a Core 2 Duo processor or newer. In other words, Lion only runs on 64bit capable Macs.

The chances are that during development more and more components of the Lion builds are being optimised and compiled for 64bit only. You may have just been lucky for DP1 but that for DP2 some vital components are now 64bit only. Your 32bit CPU won't have a clue what to do with those binaries and it crashes trying to load something it will never be able to execute.