PDA

View Full Version : Are You Going Naked On your iPad Or You Using A Case And Or Screen Protector

aihna
May 12, 2011, 10:03 PM
As title states at the moment I'm looking for a crystal clear screen protector for front and back like zagg shield.So how are you gonna flaunt your iPad?

3goldens
May 13, 2011, 12:33 AM
Apparently we haven't we had enough of this kind of threads that someone had to start yet another.

Infantile Dysfunction

aihna
May 13, 2011, 01:10 AM
Apparently we haven't we had enough of this kind of threads that someone had to start yet another.

Infantile Dysfunction

sorry if theres a similar threads.

gigemzach
May 13, 2011, 09:03 PM
Back protector from BSE and screen shield from power support with gray smart cover.

brudog68
May 13, 2011, 10:52 PM
Do a quick search of the forum next time you have a question...if you don't find your answer, then start a new thread, otherwise you will dodge a few bullets by those who obviously saw the thread title but yet felt compelled to let you know how you've wasted their time by a redundant question, when they had ultimate control to have ignored it and moved on. Whew!

Welcome and enjoy:cool:

Oh, SWitcheasy canvas on mine.

DnA111207
May 14, 2011, 12:41 AM
I had one of those TPU cases for it but when I dropped it and cracked the screen I wanted something more durable, so I'm using the Switcheasy Canvas now and love it! Don't have a screen protector on it though. I might get one later.

Mannyboii
May 14, 2011, 12:47 AM
You can look at the switcheasy nude case if you want to keep that naked look.

I just got my black switcheasy canvas case.

tirnszw
May 14, 2011, 01:08 AM
No case and no protector... absolutely naked iPad while using it. I've tried out many cases for iPad 1 but quickly found out naked iPad is for me. So after fitting some variegated Smart Covers for iPad 2, I wasn't impressed--rather annoying flaps had to be returned. Leather smell was great though. True, I take the risk of not protecting it but I really do enjoy using iPad fully unprotected in multidimensional space! Just my personal preference.

Shasta McNasty
May 14, 2011, 03:13 AM
Smart cover and invisible shield back

techdude75
May 14, 2011, 07:39 AM
First shipment was lost, but BSE quickly replaced. Installed front and back protector in about 15 minutes. There's no air bubbles and a slight haze here and there, but decreased a lot over night. My advice is to watch all the videos you can about installation and don't remove plastic from new unit until you have skin ready to install. I have smart cover on front as well and ordered Boa Sleeve.

djransom
May 14, 2011, 12:05 PM
I have a gray Smart Cover and a sleeve as well. I like to keep it simple.

mavis
May 14, 2011, 06:05 PM
Mine is naked.

My old Ipad 1 had a matte Wrapsol on the back, which I liked very much, but the iPad 2 Wrapsols have awful corners which collect dust/lint/grunge/etc so I (sadly) can't go that route again. I bought a TPU case for my iPad 2 but I can't stand the way it wraps around the screen, trapping dust and junk in the wraparound part. I also don't like how much bulk it adds to the iPad.

So this time around, I'm going the **********/Octivv route. I ordered a nice brushed aluminum film for the back (with a brushed graphite Apple logo to go with it) and hopefully it will be here soon. I just can't stand adding bulk to the iPad when, for me, part of the reason it's so convenient to use is the fact that it's thin and light - adding any bulk to it kind of defeats the purpose, I think.

djransom
May 14, 2011, 06:54 PM
The Smart Cover is going back tomorrow and I'll be sticking with the sleeve only. Prefer to keep things simple.

Built
May 14, 2011, 07:15 PM
Power Support Crystal Film + Targus 360 + drawstring bag/sleeve (from Ebay)...

JessicaR
May 15, 2011, 04:22 AM
I could never go naked. I just drop things way too much. That and I sit on things and I spill things and I am just accident prone. No way my iPad would last more than a day without a cover. I even dropped my iPad out of the bus the other day. So definitely need a case.

I go with the classic MicroShell iPad 2 case (http://www.marware.com/ipad-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/microshell-ipad-2-case). In pink of course :)
http://www.marware.com/case-microshell-ipad2-back-angle-colors-500.jpg?resizeid=-2&resizeh=350&resizew=350

Bec88
May 15, 2011, 07:21 AM
Does anyone know if there will be a power support air jacket for the ipad 2. Have just managed to order a crystal film (UK), but want some back protection. Tried the leather Apple cover, but returned it.

Jasmynsway
May 15, 2011, 05:22 PM
I have a screen protector. Not to protect it from scratches but from fingerprints. It's a lot easier to clean with the protector.

Skika
May 15, 2011, 05:59 PM
Just a grey Smart cover. I love the thinnes, and i was always bothered with how chunky the iPad 1 got with a case. Not going back to that.

The screen should be protected, the aluminum back i found to be quite sturdy and a few scratches wont kill it( if it gets them )

Peeps, own your iPads, dont let them own you by making you overprotecting them.

That is all:)

vincentvg
May 22, 2011, 01:45 AM
check out padlette.com
it offers protection, great use (and carrying) functionality, is close to naked and you'll never drop the thing.

HappyDude20
May 23, 2011, 08:24 AM
Just a grey Smart cover. I love the thinnes, and i was always bothered with how chunky the iPad 1 got with a case. Not going back to that.

The screen should be protected, the aluminum back i found to be quite sturdy and a few scratches wont kill it( if it gets them )

Peeps, own your iPads, dont let them own you by making you overprotecting them.

That is all:)

I agree with the chunky-ness of a case on the 1st iPad. This time around i'll be going w/ only the smart cover and screen protection for the back (resell value).

This will be my iPad and not anyone else's; meaning I know it won't get damaged with dirty fingers..

Gix1k
May 23, 2011, 09:08 AM
Naked. Black leather smart cover and invisible shield on the back.

hsl
May 23, 2011, 11:08 AM
I just use a joli originals (http://jolioriginals.com) sleeve,.. :)

jonathanaja
May 24, 2011, 02:10 AM
Any suggestion for the color matching? I just bought the white iPad2 and selecting which color of case to buy (black or white)?

revenent
May 24, 2011, 08:57 AM
Mine is not really naked. Apple smart cover with SGP body shield front and back. Most of the time i don't use the smart cover at all except if i need to prop it up for better typing on the table or just watching movies with it upright else the covers get in the way sometimes.

And yes i appreciate the thinness of it and a cover would ruin that feel.

By the way, the body shield actually gives the back of the ipad 2 a much better grip. :cool:

Smoothness
May 26, 2011, 02:29 PM
I usually have it in a portfolio case, but I'm loving the thinness and extra weight loss from it being naked..

Alvi
May 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
The best way to use it is getting an InvisibleShield back cover and the Smart Cover (if you have an iPad 2, or a Sleeve if you have the iPad 1)...
There's nothing better than a naked experience while you use it

revenent
May 27, 2011, 12:06 AM
Using the iPad 2 for awhile and I realized that sometimes it is difficult to hold it properly especially on it's edges to prevent accidentally touching it's touch screen. Thank goodness the body shield behind it gives it a good grip. Think it's really too slim to have a good hold on it.

BlindMellon
May 27, 2011, 06:35 AM
Crystal screen cover. Had a Maroo case and while it's the best, I found it too bulky for my needs. Went with STM Skinny and couldn't be happier.

revenent
May 28, 2011, 12:54 AM
Initially was using the iPad 2 with body shield and smart cover. Recently while walking had a slight brush into someone and the iPad ended up hitting one of it's corners into wall. Darn now one corner of it has a very very slight chip or dent. Its really small but yet visible.

xMClass
May 28, 2011, 04:11 AM
I'm typing on my naked iPad 2 right now, I bought the smart cover for it but I didn't really like it, I think I'm going to end up returning the smart cover.

Mr.C
May 28, 2011, 05:51 AM
I definitely will use a case and prefer leather cases with full protection and smart-cover alike standing way. Any suggestion?

There are plenty of threads on the the main page of this forum section. Just have a browse through and you will find some suggestions.

kalsta
May 28, 2011, 06:07 AM
We've gone naked. :) I didn't see the point in covering up such a lovely device just to avoid getting a few little nicks and scratches. (Do you leave the protective plastic on your new lounge to stop it wearing out?) It travels in a very simple little bag for protection while not being used, and that's it.

But now that I've used it for a few weeks, I do actually see a point — quite literally… The sides are so pointy that it can get uncomfortable to use for extended periods, depending on how you hold it. So, there's a small chance I could be persuaded to get some kind of case if it rounds off those edges and makes it more comfortable to hold.

malias4
Jun 30, 2011, 01:33 PM
Ive got a black lleather smart cover n in the back n icarbons skin! Looks nice n not fat ;)

Ronnoco
Jun 30, 2011, 01:47 PM
I'm going with the powder blue smartcover and a powder blue Zagg LeatherSkin on the back...:D

Benbikeman
Jul 3, 2011, 08:52 AM
Naked. Black leather smart cover and invisible shield on the back.
+1

I also had an Invisible Shield on the screen, but removed it almost immediately. Horrible feel, and orange-peel effect. The iPad uses toughened glass, so scratches are pretty unlikely given that it has a smartcover when not in use.

HazChem
Jul 3, 2011, 09:07 AM
Buck naked with the blue Smart Cover and white CF skin on the back

Gianlusp
Jul 3, 2011, 06:14 PM
Leather smart cover and wrapsol protective film on the back.

whitesands
Jul 3, 2011, 06:36 PM
Just a cheap screen protector (Pack of 3) and an equally cheap gel cover for the back, both off eBay, both great value and the cover fits well, works for me.

Ifti
Jul 4, 2011, 02:50 AM
I like mine naked as well.

I did try the Belkin Snap Shield and the Apple Smart Cover combination, but dont like the smart covers whatsoever. I just like the feel of it naked. The only bit that gets to me is when trying to prop it up on my lap for a better typing angle - so may look for a cover for that reason alone.

Same with my iPhone4 - started with a bumper on it, which ended up marking the bezel up!! So removed the bumper and prefer to have it naked (glad they got rid of the plastic back!).

specialk0449
Jul 4, 2011, 10:54 AM
I use the smart cover and nothing else. No scratches or dents so far.

taipan61
Jul 4, 2011, 11:02 AM
folio cover so it won't be as slippery

(was going to make a naked joke but there's been too many of those...:D)

Quake1028
Jul 4, 2011, 12:05 PM
Front: Orange Smart Cover
Back: Clear Smart Cover Partner

tums
Jul 4, 2011, 12:06 PM
Power Support Anti Glare screen Protector. Incase Book Jacket.

skittles90623
Jul 13, 2011, 11:35 AM
I think at the very least, you should go with a skin guard... I think it isn't the worst thing in the world to leave your display as long as you wipe it down from time to time with a cloth. But if the body of the iPad gets scratched, you can't get it off, and that would really bother me.

With that said, you can have a lot of fun just picking out cases and such. There are so many companies that make unique, fun cases :)