PDA

View Full Version : 24" ACD flickers on Mac Pro 4,1

reebzor
May 13, 2011, 10:45 AM
I have a base Mac Pro 4,1 (GT120) with an Apple 24" display plugged into the Mini-DP and an old HP lcd plugged into the DVI port. Every couple of minutes, the Apple display will flicker, or flash black for like half a second. The HP display doesn't flicker at all. I've made sure the machine has all the software updates from Apple and have even installed drivers for the GT120 from nVidia. I reset the PRAM yesterday and the problem persists today.

Any ideas?

mohsy90
May 14, 2011, 08:31 PM
This has been a common issue with the 24" apple display.The problem has been most prevalent with the new macbook pro's that were released earlier this year but i haven't heard much about it having any issues with mac pro's or any other mac devices. I would make sure you run an update after plugging your 24" display up with mac pro. Besides that, there is not much you can do. Apple has released several fixes but i still seem to have this problem with my new macbook pro. I would call Apple, see what they have to say. I've read many forums with apple being unable to fix the issue and offering either a free swap for the new 27" led display or letting you upgrade and pay the difference ($100).