PDA

View Full Version : SL --> Can't Get SL To Load Up To Install Back Over 10.7

rmbrown09
May 13, 2011, 02:02 PM
Buddy brought in his laptop, wants SL put back on it. I have SL on a USB that I used just yesterday on an iMac. When I try and boot from it, it just sits there with the apple logo doing nothing..

Edit; I want to try a DVD, is there a way to pull the USB's files directly to a (dual layer) DVD?? I think that's what the restore option in disk utility is for correct?

SideStepSociety
May 13, 2011, 03:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Let's get some more information on what you have available.

What version of SL is on the USB stick? Is it a clone of the CD's that came with the iMac or just a retail version of SL?

Does your buddy not have the CD's that came with his Mac?

And yes, that is what the restore option is for, but if it's not the correct version of SL for that computer, it won't get you anywhere.

P.S. Nice avatar. Got three Fieros of my own. Ever heard of PFF?

rmbrown09
May 13, 2011, 04:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Let's get some more information on what you have available.

What version of SL is on the USB stick? Is it a clone of the CD's that came with the iMac or just a retail version of SL?

Does your buddy not have the CD's that came with his Mac?

And yes, that is what the restore option is for, but if it's not the correct version of SL for that computer, it won't get you anywhere.

P.S. Nice avatar. Got three Fieros of my own. Ever heard of PFF?

The version on the USB is stock 10.6.0 Snow Leopard, no he doesn't have his discs.

They are fun to drive for sure, going to get a speeding ticket in no time. Dad just handed it down to me, he bought it in 86'.

Had it for about 5 months now. I'm on PFF all the time! same username.

SideStepSociety
May 13, 2011, 04:24 PM
Nice! Haven't been on there all that much lately, but I'm Valkyrie over there.

Anyway! If his computer shipped with a version higher than 10.6.0, you're going to have to get a hold of a copy of SL that's higher than, or the same as, the version it came with.

P.P.S. They're even more fun with a V8. ;)