PDA

View Full Version : New Lion Build. Anything new?

Tmelon
May 13, 2011, 05:29 PM
Just go to Software update like usual. There's a Java update too.

Cougarcat
May 13, 2011, 06:08 PM
http://itsalltech.com/2011/05/13/app...per-preview-3/ Looks like a lot of Mission Control tweaks.

antmarobel
May 13, 2011, 06:09 PM
still downloading ( the slowest download ever in an internet speed of 15 Mb!!!)

vincenz
May 13, 2011, 06:18 PM
The summer really needs to arrive faster.

Seabit
May 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
There aren't that many new features, the only things that are new would be being able to switch desktops, Mail, Calendar, and how apps are displayed.

Tmelon
May 13, 2011, 06:33 PM
iChat doesn't mess up Facebook chat anymore
Folders in Launchpad seem much less laggy to open and close.
Mission control has it's own app now with the identical icon to Expose.
Reading list is available in Safari
New Boot Screen
Much more Mission Control

That's all I've noticed so far.

rorschach
May 13, 2011, 06:58 PM
They finally updated the rest of the Finder toolbar items. Some of those icons have been there since 10.0 or 10.1 :eek: (Get Info, Connect, Burn, Eject...)

celticpride678
May 13, 2011, 06:58 PM
You can read all the changes in the update here: http://itsalltech.com/2011/05/13/apple-releases-mac-os-x-lion-developer-preview-3/

Seabit
May 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
When I used Safari it was very slow and it wasn't allowing me to type in search boxes. It Frequently froze when I put it into full screen. Mission control is slow when sliding to an other page. These issues will probably be corrected since this was a beta, great features, but very slow.

Raska
May 13, 2011, 07:31 PM
The animations in Launchpad are super fluid now. No frame dropping or stuttering any more. Everything just seems to have that extra layer of polish and finish that Apple applies so well.

Full screen Safari no longer hides the tab bar which is very nice. "Internet Accounts" in Settings has been changed to "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" just like iOS.

Something weird. The first time I opened up "More Info" from "About this Mac" it opened it up to the original, advanced information. After that, it opened to the more user friendly screen.

That's all of my observations so far. I'll post more as I find them.

antmarobel
May 13, 2011, 08:28 PM
Safari is a little bit crazy here. It freezes some web pages. Sometimes I have to click on reload. It also warns, from time to time, that this or that page is not working and offering the option to reload the page or not to reload it even it's all ok with the page....:confused:

Raska
May 14, 2011, 09:20 AM
Safari is a little bit crazy here. It freezes some web pages. Sometimes I have to click on reload. It also warns, from time to time, that this or that page is not working and offering the option to reload the page or not to reload it even it's all ok with the page....:confused:

I get that too, it's pretty bad the more I use it.