PDA

View Full Version : Dev Preview 3 known bugs (Build 11A459e)

iFanaddic
May 13, 2011, 09:09 PM
Here is a list of the known bugs of the latest build of Mac OS X Build 11A459e

I found out that some people are seeing the new preference for "Mission Control" while others (like me) are seeing the old "Exposé and Spaces" preference. (See attached screenshots)

altecXP
May 13, 2011, 09:13 PM
1. When typing my password I have a odd delay before I get to my desktop.
2. The transition from login to desktop is a bit glitchy
3. The 2 finger swipe to show dashboard is to sensitive, I keep almost moving to the dashboard just by reaching for my touch mouse
4. About this Mac under Displays, detects my macBook as a 17in MBP, but Overview sees that I have a 15in.
5. Under Service in About this Mac the text links to get service are while on while with a shadow. other wise I wouldn't be able to see them.
6. When I press ENTER to log in the screen flicks black for a slip second.
7. When I log in Adium windows is never where I put it, it is always in the same wrong place, but this might be a problem with Adium.
8. Safari keeps holding the same captcha on 4chan. I can view 40 pages, all will shows the same captcha to post

Takuro
May 13, 2011, 09:54 PM
Safari alone has managed to get significantly buggier, continuing the trend of developer preview 2:

- Safari: Dragging a tab out of the tab bar / creating a new window when in full screen mode causes Mission Control to freak out badly.
- Safari: When exiting fullscreen mode, the bookmarks bar automatically reappears if it’s been previously hidden
- Safari: Rapidly clicking the “Downloads” button results in an interesting behavior where more and more popup windows open, creating a thick shadow behind the UI element.

- Mission control: Rapidly entering and closing Mission Control causes some application icons (the ones that label window groupings) to stick to the screen after its been exited.
- Mission control: Entering mission control while a part of an open window is placed under the dock (behind it) causes the window’s size/shape to be determined incorrectly, truncating it in a weird way.

This one is a good one:
- Login window: Entering the wrong password makes the password field shake (normal behavior as in previous OS’s). However, each time it stops shaking, it’s placed slightly further left on screen. Entering the password incorrectly multiple times will cause the text field to travel leftward to the end of the screen.

dago
May 14, 2011, 12:22 AM
"Continuous scroll" doesn't work in Preview using the trackpad.

MikhailT
May 14, 2011, 01:43 AM
Please make sure that you actually file them as bugs to Apple’s Bug Reporter instead of here. The sooner Apple get the reports from you, the faster they fix them.

drusoicy
May 14, 2011, 03:00 AM
Here's an odd one - I can't get any Flash videos to put out any audio. For example, YouTube videos will play the video just fine, but I can't hear anything.

IrShaD
May 14, 2011, 03:17 AM
No wifi connection through Airport since I got Dev Preview 3 installed on my MBA.
:(

NameUndecided
May 14, 2011, 03:40 AM
That fun new feature of doing a two-finger scroll/swipe over an app's icon in the dock to view its recently-opened files seems to be gone. :(

bushido
May 14, 2011, 04:18 AM
so many bugs and stuff now missing, looks like i'll stick to DP2 for now

antmarobel
May 14, 2011, 06:38 AM
Here is a list of the known bugs of the latest build of Mac OS X Build 11A459e

I found out that some people are seeing the new preference for "Mission Control" while others (like me) are seeing the old "Exposé and Spaces" preference. (See attached screenshots)

Mine is like yours...I mean, my Preferences is...:p Strange, isn't it...It's as if Apple were discriminating us! Isn't that a crime?:D

Hellhammer
May 14, 2011, 06:41 AM
Playing around with an external display freezes my iMac. This was present in DP2 as well but not in DP1. Basically, if I turn my external on, my iMac freezes and they only way around is to reboot. This is VERY annoying. I'm sticking with SL.

petvas
May 14, 2011, 06:46 AM
I wonder, why don't you respect your NDA? Discussing about bugs in public isn't helping anyone. Talking about already announced features is ok, but talking about bugs of a not released product, isn't right.

Depending on the program you are, you can post your bugs using https://appleseed.apple.com or by using the developer portal...

Chris.
May 14, 2011, 08:54 AM
It will not boot at all on the 2011 MacBook Pro. Gets stuck at the loading gear and then Kernel Panics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eu2apz9mpm4lkx/298117387.jpg

altecXP
May 14, 2011, 08:55 AM
I wonder, why don't you respect your NDA? Discussing about bugs in public isn't helping anyone. Talking about already announced features is ok, but talking about bugs of a not released product, isn't right.

Depending on the program you are, you can post your bugs using https://appleseed.apple.com or by using the developer portal...

Wonder why you care.

petvas
May 14, 2011, 09:24 AM
Wonder why you care.

Look, I am one of the official beta testers of Lion and I respect my NDA. I would expect others to do the same. Of course most of the people posting here have the build illegaly obtained...

bedifferent
May 14, 2011, 09:33 AM
Look, I am one of the official beta testers of Lion and I respect my NDA. I would expect others to do the same. Of course most of the people posting here have the build illegaly obtained...

As a developer, I agree. Any comments I make regarding the OS tow the line, and are mostly to help others who may have questions that can be answered that Apple has already discussed publicly.

Apple dropping the OS X membership from $499+ to $99 as iOS has brought a lot of non-developers into the fray. This leads me to believe Apple may want consumers to use the developer builds. This gives Apple more "consumer" feedback. Changes in UI and consumer level features, as well as the monthly updates replacing the bi-weekly beta's that required DVD burning and fresh installs of previous OS X testing, lead me to suspect Apple is more interested in what the average user needs/wants.

SR71
May 14, 2011, 10:43 AM

I also am one of the official beta testers of Lion, but I still think that it's alright for people to discuss new bugs in newly released builds of Lion. What's the harm in discussing new bugs as long as we report them to Apple?

petvas
May 14, 2011, 11:56 AM
I also am one of the official beta testers of Lion, but I still think that it's alright for people to discuss new bugs in newly released builds of Lion. What's the harm in discussing new bugs as long as we report them to Apple?

Nothing if we use the Appleseed forums. Everything else is just a violation of the NDA.

ufdlim
May 14, 2011, 12:02 PM
Trillian simply does not load
After watching a netflix movie, sound no longer works? (there were tons of permissoon errors that were fixed, but still does not work)
Chrome still does not exit properly (both developer and canary builds), not sure if this is Lion's fault or Googles.
Chrome still does not do full screen properly (no menu bar icon to exit from it), again, may be Googles problem.

What I really want fixed is iTunes and the sound. It was all working fine until after the movie, then nothing worked. Interesting, I still get sound through some system events, like emptying the trash.

Also, booting into Windows 7 bootcamp, sound works just fine. I was afraid I burned out the sound card during netflix because I was hitting temperatures of 170+.

sheepopo39
May 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
Not sure if this is new or not.

Full screen is glitchy in quicktime. You can enter full screen, and it will work, but once you exit, the video disappears and you have to cmd-opt-quit it to get it working again.

mrbrown
May 14, 2011, 12:39 PM

Isn't revealing the fact that you're beta testing the OS and chiding people in public about breaking the NDA in violation of the NDA? :D

Atarikid
May 14, 2011, 12:49 PM
It will not boot at all on the 2011 MacBook Pro. Gets stuck at the loading gear and then Kernel Panics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eu2apz9mpm4lkx/298117387.jpg

Remove the IO80211Family.kext file (extentions folder) and it will boot. But you will have no WiFi.
All MBP 2011 have this issue. :-/

Tmelon
May 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
If you look in your Utilities folder there is still Expose. It does the exact same things as the "mission control" app.

drusoicy
May 14, 2011, 01:15 PM
iTunes won't even open for me anymore. I get "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)."

Annoying, since now I can't sync, update, back up my iOS devices on the computer with Lion installed. Anyone else seeing this?

PBF
May 14, 2011, 01:16 PM
No more ripple effect on Dashboard.

petvas
May 14, 2011, 01:24 PM
Isn't revealing the fact that you're beta testing the OS and chiding people in public about breaking the NDA in violation of the NDA? :D

How old are you?

It is really a shame to see that NDAs doesn't mean anything for many people...

Cougarcat
May 14, 2011, 01:47 PM
How old are you?

They don't mean anything to Apple anymore. There was a time when they'd slap you with a cease and desist for posting a single screenshot of a beta OS. Now, they turn a blind eye.

Anyways, you're deluding yourself if you think most people on here are under NDAs.

SR71
May 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
How old are you?

Why do you take the NDA's so seriously? It's just beta builds of Lion. It's not like we're discussing government files. =/

IrShaD
May 14, 2011, 02:21 PM
Of course most of the people posting here have the build illegaly obtained...

How would you know ? Spying on posters' "illegally installed" systems ?
I personally did report my wi-fi bug to Apple, but I also wanted to check whether the problem was specific to my machine or also affected other developers and -beyond- other users, officially registered or not. Cheers.
:)

petvas
May 14, 2011, 02:46 PM
They don't mean anything to Apple anymore. There was a time when they'd slap you with a cease and desist for posting a single screenshot of a beta OS. Now, they turn a blind eye.

Anyways, you're deluding yourself if you think most people on here are under NDAs.

I agree. Most people here aren't real beta testers. Anyway, you are right, it doesn't make any sense talking about it.

baryon
May 14, 2011, 03:19 PM
I think it's good for everyone that we openly talk about Lion. It allows developers to figure out how features work, why they were added / changed / removed, etc... I don't think this is bad for Apple in any way. The most ideal situation would be that everyone would be able to test Lion and discuss it. That would give enough feedback for Apple, if they had infinite resources to read all of the feedback (remember, in an ideal world).

Also, this generates way more hype. You can't keep this stuff secret. Anyone can join the developer program, does Apple really expect every single "developer" to keep quiet about Lion? Of course not. They know exactly that this beta is quite public. They don't mind. As long as people file bug reports and not just post about the bugs, it's fine.

There's an NDA because Apple wants to be able to control things if something gets out of hand (press, media, copyright, I don't know).

bedifferent
May 14, 2011, 03:44 PM
Aren't we getting a little off-topic?

codymac
May 14, 2011, 04:05 PM
Remove the IO80211Family.kext file (extentions folder) and it will boot. But you will have no WiFi.
All MBP 2011 have this issue. :-/

Mine doesn't.
:)

petvas
May 14, 2011, 04:18 PM
I think it's good for everyone that we openly talk about Lion. It allows developers to figure out how features work, why they were added / changed / removed, etc... I don't think this is bad for Apple in any way. The most ideal situation would be that everyone would be able to test Lion and discuss it. That would give enough feedback for Apple, if they had infinite resources to read all of the feedback (remember, in an ideal world).

Also, this generates way more hype. You can't keep this stuff secret. Anyone can join the developer program, does Apple really expect every single "developer" to keep quiet about Lion? Of course not. They know exactly that this beta is quite public. They don't mind. As long as people file bug reports and not just post about the bugs, it's fine.

There's an NDA because Apple wants to be able to control things if something gets out of hand (press, media, copyright, I don't know).

I don't see anyone discussing the Windows betas and their bugs. These are closed programs and there is a reason for it. Ofcourse there are leaks here and then, but companies like Apple and Microsoft need the confidentiality in order to protect their property and avoid that the competition gets an advantage...

antmarobel
May 14, 2011, 04:34 PM
It's useless to uncheck the "reload all the pages" when you click to shut down or restart. It always re-check itself...It seems my Lion has a ghost inside...:eek:

NameUndecided
May 14, 2011, 05:15 PM
I think that when a $99 developer's fee allows [legitimate] access to the preview builds, confidentiality against competition is not something that Apple is worried about.

Just because bugs are being discussed on this other Apple-centric discussion area doesn't mean that they're not being reported elsewhere.

Apple is not blind to the fact that people other than paying developers are having access to the preview builds. Their own discussion areas and avenues for direct feedback are also more than likely not (hopefully not) the only place where they're reading user reactions.

It is absolutely naïve to expect or even try to persuade The Internet that it should keep mum (so as to not ruin the surprise?) on the next Apple product out of either sheer reverence or a sense of responsibility taken too seriously.

greythorne
May 15, 2011, 01:21 AM
maybe tell Apple about the bugs you guys find and let Apple refine the OS before release.....

Atarikid
May 15, 2011, 04:28 AM
I don't see anyone discussing the Windows betas and their bugs. These are closed programs and there is a reason for it. Ofcourse there are leaks here and then, but companies like Apple and Microsoft need the confidentiality in order to protect their property and avoid that the competition gets an advantage...

Man, with all do respect ... stop moaning .. please :-/

Atarikid
May 15, 2011, 04:29 AM
I think that when a $99 developer's fee allows [legitimate] access to the preview builds, confidentiality against competition is not something that Apple is worried about.

Just because bugs are being discussed on this other Apple-centric discussion area doesn't mean that they're not being reported elsewhere.

100% true !

G-Force
May 15, 2011, 04:53 AM
How old are you?

It's pretty much the truth though. If the NDA means so much to you, you shouldn't even talk about the fact that you are in the beta test...

WeegieMac
May 15, 2011, 04:59 AM
@ Petvas

So I guess that means MacRumors, Engadget, Cult of Mac, and TUAW are in "breech of NDA" for reporting on DP3 and showing screenshots of any new additions to the latest build?

Please ... :rolleyes:

TheralSadurns
May 15, 2011, 05:16 AM
Updated to DP3 / DP2 Update3 / 11A459e on my 2011 MBP (had to do the .kext trick to get it booting, and after that reinstall the kext for wi-fi).

And now, I got this strange bug with my toolbar icons:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/TheralSadurns/ScreenShot2011-05-15at121351.png
http://cl.ly/2W2A3S1j0e03290q3m1G

Safari and any other app having forward/backward arrows, or the fullscreen symbol are all bugged as well.

jeanlain
May 15, 2011, 05:40 AM
You want a nice interface bug? Just exit full screen in Quicktime Player.

bushido
May 15, 2011, 07:00 AM
maybe tell Apple about the bugs you guys find and let Apple refine the OS before release.....

who says we don't, theres something called multitasking, even for humans u know

NameUndecided
May 15, 2011, 03:45 PM
Safari keeps wanting to reload all open tabs more often than it used to -- but it's all so much faster and smoother about it than it was before. ;) So as long as I'm not having any filled text boxes or other information to be lost, it's not a terrible thing at this point.

Also sort of funny -- a couple of instances where clicking on a link on a page will add that link to Safari's new Reading List instead of opening the link.

WeegieMac
May 15, 2011, 03:52 PM
Safari is extremely buggy in DP3, I've had to install Chrome to use alongside it.

theBigD23
May 15, 2011, 05:33 PM
I understand why you have to open up two Desktops when in Missions Control with two monitors, but I hope there is an option to create only extra desktops on the monitor that I want. Depending on where my mouse is, and I use the two finger swipe, then it would just change desktops for that monitor.

Also, full screen only works with the main monitor, not the second monitor. I hope this is resolved as well. Multi-monitor support is a little off right now.

inhouseproject
May 15, 2011, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=TheralSadurns;12574302]Updated to DP3 / DP2 Update3 / 11A459e on my 2011 MBP (had to do the .kext trick to get it booting, and after that reinstall the kext for wi-fi).

Can anyone help with getting my network and wifi back up and working? I am not getting any wifi or ethernet after installing this lion update.

thanks

Varigon
May 15, 2011, 06:43 PM
No one cares about Windows. That's why.

Tmelon
May 15, 2011, 09:38 PM
No one cares about Windows. That's why.

Now I know this is an Apple forum, but there's no need to get hostile towards Windows. OS X and Windows both have their ups and downs.

NameUndecided
May 15, 2011, 10:10 PM
I do remember though a few months ago seeing an article (on which site, I don't remember) about some leaked information and screenshots from the next Windows version. There was one or two people in the comments with a "how dare you" sort of attitude, saying that the author should have just kept the info to himself.*
So yeah, I'm sure you'll see the same discussions whenever applicable on any Microsoft related forums.

*Sort of like arguments against WikiLeaks, except the defensiveness and patriotism lies with a corporation.

TheralSadurns
May 15, 2011, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=TheralSadurns;12574302]Updated to DP3 / DP2 Update3 / 11A459e on my 2011 MBP (had to do the .kext trick to get it booting, and after that reinstall the kext for wi-fi).

Can anyone help with getting my network and wifi back up and working? I am not getting any wifi or ethernet after installing this lion update.

thanks

You need THIS: Mr. Inhouseproject
http://cheetha.net/

Do the following:

1. Install DP3
2. If your machine doesn't boot after that, start it externally and remove 3. IO80211Family.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/
4. Your machine should boot fine afterwards.
5. Use the app Kext Helper to reinstall the .kext and reboot
6. Everything should work fine afterwards

AlphaDogg
May 15, 2011, 11:37 PM
4 finger swipe down doesn't work.

Bad NVidia drivers... I get artifacts all the time. When I am on SL, I don't have the issues.

Issues with Flash incorrectly displaying the video that I want to watch (does it on YouTube, Hulu, etc...)

General lagginess.

4gb of RAM (good thing I have 8GB!) in use while running nothing but Finder.

kftrainer
May 16, 2011, 06:44 AM
4 finger swipe down doesn't work.

Bad NVidia drivers... I get artifacts all the time. When I am on SL, I don't have the issues.

Issues with Flash incorrectly displaying the video that I want to watch (does it on YouTube, Hulu, etc...)

General lagginess.

4gb of RAM (good thing I have 8GB!) in use while running nothing but Finder.

yes I am experiencing those issues with Hulu and You tube which originated from DP 2 Hulu usually freezes and crashes -I have been using Plex and it has issues with the Hulu plugin as well . I hope they fix this soon

Sammyc64
May 16, 2011, 09:21 AM
iTunes won't even open for me anymore. I get "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)."

Annoying, since now I can't sync, update, back up my iOS devices on the computer with Lion installed. Anyone else seeing this?

If you boot in Safe Mode (hold down Shift key at boot) it should fix this issue. Error -200 is a lack of Audio Output issue. After you boot in Safe Mode, try opening iTunes. If it works, reboot using a regular boot and see if it works. It helped me.

AlphaDogg
May 16, 2011, 12:18 PM
yes I am experiencing those issues with Hulu and You tube which originated from DP 2 Hulu usually freezes and crashes -I have been using Plex and it has issues with the Hulu plugin as well . I hope they fix this soon

Hulu is a huge issue. When it goes from an advertisement to the featured content, flash will crash. It also does this on CBS's episode player (uses flash) when watching Big Bang Theory (LOVE that show!). When it goes from an ad to the next part of the episode, flash will crash. I use Google Chrome 11.

Sammyc64
May 16, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hulu is a huge issue. When it goes from an advertisement to the featured content, flash will crash. It also does this on CBS's episode player (uses flash) when watching Big Bang Theory (LOVE that show!). When it goes from an ad to the next part of the episode, flash will crash. I use Google Chrome 11.

Try using the Beta version of Google Chrome. (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32956/google-chrome) I haven't had this issue with it.

antmarobel
May 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
Try using the Beta version of Google Chrome. (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32956/google-chrome) I haven't had this issue with it.

But here the only way to close Chrome is through "Force Quit":mad:

dethmaShine
May 16, 2011, 06:22 PM
Updated to DP3 / DP2 Update3 / 11A459e on my 2011 MBP (had to do the .kext trick to get it booting, and after that reinstall the kext for wi-fi).

And now, I got this strange bug with my toolbar icons:

Image (http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/TheralSadurns/ScreenShot2011-05-15at121351.png)
http://cl.ly/2W2A3S1j0e03290q3m1G

Safari and any other app having forward/backward arrows, or the fullscreen symbol are all bugged as well.

LMAO. I love that. :D

ErikGrim
May 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=inhouseproject;12577385]

You need THIS: Mr. Inhouseproject
http://cheetha.net/

Do the following:

1. Install DP3
2. If your machine doesn't boot after that, start it externally and remove 3. IO80211Family.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/
4. Your machine should boot fine afterwards.
5. Use the app Kext Helper to reinstall the .kext and reboot
6. Everything should work fine afterwardsThis also works for the Soundflower.kext! Now I can stream from Plex again. Yay!

junebug1
May 17, 2011, 12:12 AM
Safari: Private Browsing doesn't work on Facebook. Anytime I have Private Browsing on then go to Facebook and login everything after that shows in the History. Seems to work perfectly everywhere else.

So far no issues with rebooting or logging in on my 2011 17" MBP.

drusoicy
May 17, 2011, 01:46 AM
If you boot in Safe Mode (hold down Shift key at boot) it should fix this issue. Error -200 is a lack of Audio Output issue. After you boot in Safe Mode, try opening iTunes. If it works, reboot using a regular boot and see if it works. It helped me.

Aw man. Tried booting into safe mode, and 55 minutes later, still in boot up sequence on gray screen with Apple logo and stuck progress bar. Tried again, same thing. Looks like I can't get into safe mode :(

Oh, I'm on a 2009 octocore Mac Pro.

NameUndecided
May 17, 2011, 03:34 AM
Oh such an annoying bug that was in the prior version as well -- Sometimes I will click a file inside of a folder, and it will select that file and all of the files listed beneath it as well (in list view). If I double click that file when this bug happens, it will open up all of the selected files. Lots of folders every where and videos and images and all opening at once oh no!
It hasn't happened often enough for me to develop a complex about it though.

hellomoto4
May 17, 2011, 06:39 AM
Err, I'm lost.
Is DP2 Update 3 = DP3?

MikhailT
May 17, 2011, 11:08 AM
Err, I'm lost.
Is DP2 Update 3 = DP3?

No, DP3 is different from those minor seed updates for DP2 only.

drusoicy
May 17, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm getting no sound from YouTube videos, or any other flash-based video or audio. Anyone know of anything I can do to kickstart that?

Also, still can't launch iTunes, because I get an error -200 each time, so I can't sync/back up my iOS devices.

Last, I tried to boot into safe mode, and even that won't work! This is all on a 2009 Mac Pro. I also put Lion on my latest gen MacBook Air, and that one work great...which makes this all the more confusing. DP3 is the first one where I am seeing these issues.

mrapplegate
May 17, 2011, 03:59 PM
I'm getting no sound from YouTube videos, or any other flash-based video or audio. Anyone know of anything I can do to kickstart that?

Also, still can't launch iTunes, because I get an error -200 each time, so I can't sync/back up my iOS devices.

Last, I tried to boot into safe mode, and even that won't work! This is all on a 2009 Mac Pro. I also put Lion on my latest gen MacBook Air, and that one work great...which makes this all the more confusing. DP3 is the first one where I am seeing these issues.

Maybe these threads can help:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1150934&highlight=itunes
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1150398&highlight=itunes

Looks like both threads started by same user, but might have some helpful info.

hellomoto4
May 18, 2011, 01:08 AM
No, DP3 is different from those minor seed updates for DP2 only.

Are you sure? Because when I downloaded DP3 it was simply a software update and not another App Store download (thank the lord).
Or did I just miss the fact that Apple changed the seeding method?

ErikGrim
May 18, 2011, 02:02 AM
Are you sure? Because when I downloaded DP3 it was simply a software update and not another App Store download (thank the lord).
Or did I just miss the fact that Apple changed the seeding method?

I'm confused too. This is the third update via Software Update we are talking about, right? Build 11A459e?

dethmaShine
May 18, 2011, 04:33 AM
Now we have had 4 previews in total.

Mission Control still remains. :(

Lukeit
May 18, 2011, 06:02 AM
⌘G = Group Selected Files into a Folder has been disabled and no longer works in Preview 3 !!!!

Can it be possible that as preview number increase, things get worse!!!!????

superericla
May 18, 2011, 07:53 AM
Now we have had 4 previews in total.

Mission Control still remains. :(

Are you disappointed that Mission Control is still in Lion? It's a planned feature so don't get your hopes up on it getting removed.

baryon
May 18, 2011, 07:58 AM
⌘G = Group Selected Files into a Folder has been disabled and no longer works in Preview 3 !!!!

Noooo! Why?? That was the best thing ever!

dethmaShine
May 18, 2011, 08:24 AM
Are you disappointed that Mission Control is still in Lion? It's a planned feature so don't get your hopes up on it getting removed.

Just an option to disable it and display 2D spaces as in SL.

That's all I ask from Apple regarding Lion.

Seriously? Is it too much too ask?

Outsider
May 18, 2011, 08:40 AM

Noooo! Why?? That was the best thing ever!

It's still there, but it's called New Folder with Selection and the command is ⌘-opt-N.

Outsider
May 18, 2011, 08:44 AM
Oops.

Lukeit
May 18, 2011, 10:58 AM
It's still there, but it's called New Folder with Selection and the command is ⌘-opt-N.

Thanks a lot... I thought it was gone... though command+G was more handy... and I liked the "animation" also that is gone instead!

milkle
May 18, 2011, 08:37 PM
Looks like I'm the only one who have this serous problem. My mac is MC372
I cannot type my password when I was going to after I installed the DP3
It first happened when I closed it while I was running out the battery, after I charged it and I cannot type pw in the login window. I though it was a little bug then I shut down and restart it, I can type the pw.
But this time, restart doesn't work anymore. I'm sure about it's not the keyboard's problem because other words like capital lock and shift work, but the only thing I can type is the space, and if I press the shift at the same time, i can type something into it, but what a pity that my pw is not capital words and space.
I tried my wireless keyboard too, it has the same problem, there is no reason that two keyboards broken at the same time and have the same problem
I really hope there is someone can help me to solve it? I really need my Mac
P.s. I didn't told it to ask for pw when I start the computer, I don't know why does it do so now

jerryzhao26
May 18, 2011, 10:07 PM
Safari reloading issue is the most bothering one, even when I leave it there, it pops up a reloading requests. driving me crazy.

Lukeit
May 19, 2011, 01:34 AM
Safari reloading issue is the most bothering one, even when I leave it there, it pops up a reloading requests. driving me crazy.

Me ... switched to Firefox for peace of mind... couldn't take it anylonger of Safari crazyness!