Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
Here is a list of the known bugs of the latest build of Mac OS X Build 11A459e

I found out that some people are seeing the new preference for "Mission Control" while others (like me) are seeing the old "Exposé and Spaces" preference. (See attached screenshots)

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    screen-capture.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 487
  • Screen Shot 2011-05-13 at 9.54.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-05-13 at 9.54.09 PM.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 303

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
1. When typing my password I have a odd delay before I get to my desktop.
2. The transition from login to desktop is a bit glitchy
3. The 2 finger swipe to show dashboard is to sensitive, I keep almost moving to the dashboard just by reaching for my touch mouse
4. About this Mac under Displays, detects my macBook as a 17in MBP, but Overview sees that I have a 15in.
5. Under Service in About this Mac the text links to get service are while on while with a shadow. other wise I wouldn't be able to see them.
6. When I press ENTER to log in the screen flicks black for a slip second.
7. When I log in Adium windows is never where I put it, it is always in the same wrong place, but this might be a problem with Adium.
8. Safari keeps holding the same captcha on 4chan. I can view 40 pages, all will shows the same captcha to post

Last edited:

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Safari alone has managed to get significantly buggier, continuing the trend of developer preview 2:

- Safari: Dragging a tab out of the tab bar / creating a new window when in full screen mode causes Mission Control to freak out badly.
- Safari: When exiting fullscreen mode, the bookmarks bar automatically reappears if it’s been previously hidden
- Safari: Rapidly clicking the “Downloads” button results in an interesting behavior where more and more popup windows open, creating a thick shadow behind the UI element.

- Mission control: Rapidly entering and closing Mission Control causes some application icons (the ones that label window groupings) to stick to the screen after its been exited.
- Mission control: Entering mission control while a part of an open window is placed under the dock (behind it) causes the window’s size/shape to be determined incorrectly, truncating it in a weird way.

This one is a good one:
- Login window: Entering the wrong password makes the password field shake (normal behavior as in previous OS’s). However, each time it stops shaking, it’s placed slightly further left on screen. Entering the password incorrectly multiple times will cause the text field to travel leftward to the end of the screen.

dago

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
"Continuous scroll" doesn't work in Preview using the trackpad.

Last edited:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Please make sure that you actually file them as bugs to Apple’s Bug Reporter instead of here. The sooner Apple get the reports from you, the faster they fix them.

drusoicy

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
Here's an odd one - I can't get any Flash videos to put out any audio. For example, YouTube videos will play the video just fine, but I can't hear anything.

IrShaD

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
No wifi connection through Airport since I got Dev Preview 3 installed on my MBA.
:(

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
That fun new feature of doing a two-finger scroll/swipe over an app's icon in the dock to view its recently-opened files seems to be gone. :(

antmarobel

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2009
Brasília
Here is a list of the known bugs of the latest build of Mac OS X Build 11A459e

I found out that some people are seeing the new preference for "Mission Control" while others (like me) are seeing the old "Exposé and Spaces" preference. (See attached screenshots)

Mine is like yours...I mean, my Preferences is...:p Strange, isn't it...It's as if Apple were discriminating us! Isn't that a crime?:D

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Playing around with an external display freezes my iMac. This was present in DP2 as well but not in DP1. Basically, if I turn my external on, my iMac freezes and they only way around is to reboot. This is VERY annoying. I'm sticking with SL.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I wonder, why don't you respect your NDA? Discussing about bugs in public isn't helping anyone. Talking about already announced features is ok, but talking about bugs of a not released product, isn't right.

Depending on the program you are, you can post your bugs using https://appleseed.apple.com or by using the developer portal...

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
I wonder, why don't you respect your NDA? Discussing about bugs in public isn't helping anyone. Talking about already announced features is ok, but talking about bugs of a not released product, isn't right.

Depending on the program you are, you can post your bugs using https://appleseed.apple.com or by using the developer portal...

Wonder why you care.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Look, I am one of the official beta testers of Lion and I respect my NDA. I would expect others to do the same. Of course most of the people posting here have the build illegaly obtained...

As a developer, I agree. Any comments I make regarding the OS tow the line, and are mostly to help others who may have questions that can be answered that Apple has already discussed publicly.

Apple dropping the OS X membership from $499+ to $99 as iOS has brought a lot of non-developers into the fray. This leads me to believe Apple may want consumers to use the developer builds. This gives Apple more "consumer" feedback. Changes in UI and consumer level features, as well as the monthly updates replacing the bi-weekly beta's that required DVD burning and fresh installs of previous OS X testing, lead me to suspect Apple is more interested in what the average user needs/wants.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Look, I am one of the official beta testers of Lion and I respect my NDA. I would expect others to do the same. Of course most of the people posting here have the build illegaly obtained...

I also am one of the official beta testers of Lion, but I still think that it's alright for people to discuss new bugs in newly released builds of Lion. What's the harm in discussing new bugs as long as we report them to Apple?

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I also am one of the official beta testers of Lion, but I still think that it's alright for people to discuss new bugs in newly released builds of Lion. What's the harm in discussing new bugs as long as we report them to Apple?

Nothing if we use the Appleseed forums. Everything else is just a violation of the NDA.

ufdlim

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2011
  1. Trillian simply does not load
  2. After watching a netflix movie, sound no longer works? (there were tons of permissoon errors that were fixed, but still does not work)
  3. Chrome still does not exit properly (both developer and canary builds), not sure if this is Lion's fault or Googles.
  4. Chrome still does not do full screen properly (no menu bar icon to exit from it), again, may be Googles problem.

What I really want fixed is iTunes and the sound. It was all working fine until after the movie, then nothing worked. Interesting, I still get sound through some system events, like emptying the trash.

Also, booting into Windows 7 bootcamp, sound works just fine. I was afraid I burned out the sound card during netflix because I was hitting temperatures of 170+.

sheepopo39

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2008
Not sure if this is new or not.

Full screen is glitchy in quicktime. You can enter full screen, and it will work, but once you exit, the video disappears and you have to cmd-opt-quit it to get it working again.

mrbrown

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2004
Springfield, Missouri

Isn't revealing the fact that you're beta testing the OS and chiding people in public about breaking the NDA in violation of the NDA? :D

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
If you look in your Utilities folder there is still Expose. It does the exact same things as the "mission control" app.

drusoicy

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
iTunes won't even open for me anymore. I get "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)."

Annoying, since now I can't sync, update, back up my iOS devices on the computer with Lion installed. Anyone else seeing this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.