PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Menubar in Lion newest build?

2Turbo
May 13, 2011, 10:36 PM
Just a noob here and noticed in this YouTube Video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kTKPMdl2Kwg) of the new login screen that once it logs in there is no menubar showing at the top of the screen. Is this new, or a feature of Lion? Cause I never really liked the menubar and thought it should have an 'auto hide' feature like the dock. Or at least hide all the options until mouse over so you can still see the battery, time, etc.

Thanks for any help, really just trying to understand this cool thing here. :apple:

TheAppleDragon
May 13, 2011, 10:39 PM
Just a noob here and noticed in this YouTube Video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kTKPMdl2Kwg) of the new login screen that once it logs in there is no menubar showing at the top of the screen. Is this new, or a feature of Lion? Cause I never really liked the menubar and thought it should have an 'auto hide' feature like the dock. Or at least hide all the options until mouse over so you can still see the battery, time, etc.

Thanks for any help, really just trying to understand this cool thing here. :apple:
This is very typical on my iMac, it returns as soon as everything is finished loading. Just a lag thing, I think.

Unless everything was already loaded... if loading times have been improved, I wouldn't know. Apparently some of us can't get the update. :p

Flood
May 13, 2011, 10:40 PM
There's still a menu bar. Maybe he's running that on slow hardware so it's not showing up yet I don't know.

Cougarcat
May 14, 2011, 03:49 AM
There's still a menu bar. Maybe he's running that on slow hardware so it's not showing up yet I don't know.

Yes, the menubar always shows up a split second after the desktop picture.

treichert
May 14, 2011, 05:25 AM
Actually on the logonscreen there's no menubar, only menubar items like Clock, Battery, AirPort and Bluetooth iirc.

2Turbo
May 14, 2011, 10:14 AM
Actually on the logonscreen there's no menubar, only menubar items like Clock, Battery, AirPort and Bluetooth iirc.

Yes, but is there (going to be) a way to hide the menubar on the desktop (not logon)? I really feel like the menubar feels outdated and needs to be rethinked.