Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Hi guys,

I have a game project nearing beta and its time to put the final graphics in. Is there a way to register my project with Apple so that no one can steal the name of my app between now and the time it is released? I could have sworn I read an article on that before but I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone have any advice?

Also my game is being made with Corona SDK so I'm not sure if that matters since its not native code. (I remember the article saying you had to upload code). Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have any advice on how to handle this?

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Yes you can for up to 90 days through iTunesConnect

Thanks so much! Is there a way to extend it past 90 days by updating it at all? I'm pretty sure I can get it completed in 90 days but I'm a solo developer who also has a ridiculous amount of school work and I don't want to get hung out to dry. I see some companies like SquareSoft will announce a game well in advance and still get to keep their name.

(If there isn't a way I completely understand since App Name Squatters do exist).

Last edited:

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
What I've done is submit a binary and then immediately developer-reject it. This gave me longer than 90 days, I believe.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Even though I believe I can get the app done within 90 days there may be issues in Beta pop up that take awhile to fix, and with full time school I never know when I may get the chance to fix them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.