PDA

View Full Version : Which one to get?

macpk01
Mar 13, 2005, 10:46 PM
I am a Mac newb, and I was wondering which would be better Mac mini or 12 ibook?

thanks

macpk01

grapes911
Mar 13, 2005, 11:00 PM
I am a Mac newb, and I was wondering which would be better Mac mini or 12 ibook?

thanks

macpk01

If you want a desktop, buy the mini. If you need portability, get the ibook. Enough said.

lfielder06
Mar 13, 2005, 11:33 PM
From what I understand they are basically the same machine. With the mac mini you will have to purchase a display keyboard and mouse. If you go with the $500 put in airport, bluetooth and get a wired keyboard and mouse you are looking at around $650. I think the only reason to get the mac mini is if you already have display. For a decent lcd you are looking at around $250. For around $150 more you can get the same configuration on an iBook and get the portability. The iBook is the best value Apple offers (in my opinion). Good luck on you purchase. :)

wdlove
Mar 14, 2005, 03:56 PM
As mentioned portability would play into your decision. Your budget would also have to be taken into account. If you already have an LCD availability the Mac mini would definitely make sense.

Lacero
Mar 14, 2005, 04:01 PM
If you can afford it, I would get the iBook instead of the mini. The innards are essentially the same.