PDA

View Full Version : does Apple provide warranty overseas if my iPad breaks down on int'l trips?

PotatoPie
May 14, 2011, 10:33 AM
does Apple provide warranty overseas if my iPad breaks down on int'l trips? (extended 3-month trips)

for example, if I travel to Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.... and then my iPad2 dies on me... can I take it to the Apple stores over there and get warranty service? Does it make it any difference if the iPad2 is on the original 1-year warranty or the additional 2-year Apple Care warranty?

Thanks! :)

flopticalcube
May 14, 2011, 10:36 AM
Yes it's worldwide.

Appleind
May 14, 2011, 10:49 AM
Apple care is worldwide.

Stefx73
May 14, 2011, 11:11 AM
Do you need the original invoice or do they have the purchase date in their system?

rworne
May 14, 2011, 11:58 AM
Do you need the original invoice or do they have the purchase date in their system?

You would need the receipt. Unless it is an item that would obviously be under warranty, like if it was less than a year since the release date of the product or less than a year from the "born date" encoded into the serial number.

If you bought it from Apple, they have a record of the sale and can easily look it up.

I had a US-purchased iPad 2 that was damaged in Japan that is getting warranty service. The only complication was that iPad 2's were not on sale in Japan at the time, plus it's a 3G model (Japanese units are carrier-locked), so they made a note of it in the case number and told me to exchange it when it gets back in the US. I'm exchanging it this morning at the local Apple store.

Pballer110
May 14, 2011, 03:26 PM

You dont need the receipt. Your warranty is tied to your devices Serial number.