Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miniamber

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Ok now I been looking and searching for an Ipad 2 case. That's not so bulky and leather and doesn't cover the bezel. I really liking both of this cases, has anyone tried them?? This forum really shows alot of different offers.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Ok now I been looking and searching for an Ipad 2 case. That's not so bulky and leather and doesn't cover the bezel. I really liking both of this cases, has anyone tried them?? This forum really shows alot of different offers.

I haven't tried either, but looking at the pictures the Powis case is same thickness or greater thickness than the Maroo case. Both cases use a chassis mounted on a leather cover. This approach is inherently thick, though it provides good protection.

The Melkco Slimme case looks genuinely very slim, but they are in Hong Kong, have no US distributor, and therefore it is not easy to get recourse if it turns out to be a case of misleading advertising and you want your money back.

This is why I have Maroo. If there were some user reviews of the Melkco iPad case on the forum, I might consider it.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
They appear to have a US distributor now on Amazon. Just search for Melkco slimme. I bought one to see what they are like. They certainly look nice.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
They appear to have a US distributor now on Amazon. Just search for Melkco slimme. I bought one to see what they are like. They certainly look nice.

I only see one in baby pink. I'm not bold enough to buy that one.

Did you see any other colored listings?

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
Yea.. The one I bought (vintage black). They only listed that they had one. I guess that really is all they had. It shipped today it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.