PDA

View Full Version : iBook hangs at "Configuring Installation"

-tWv-
May 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
I have an iBook G4 that I just installed Leopard on, and went into software update and downloaded all the updates that it needed. The stuff downloaded, and I hit restart in order for them to be installed and left it there for a while (probably an hour) and came back to it stuck at the part that says "configuring installation" at the beginning of the update process. What should I do?

zen.state
May 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
I have an iBook G4 that I just installed Leopard on, and went into software update and downloaded all the updates that it needed. The stuff downloaded, and I hit restart in order for them to be installed and left it there for a while (probably an hour) and came back to it stuck at the part that says "configuring installation" at the beginning of the update process. What should I do?

Let it finnish. The combo update on Leo takes a long time. Don't people have any patience anymore?

cocacolakid
May 14, 2011, 02:44 PM
I had trouble a while back putting Leopard updates on my Power Mac. My Leopard install disc is 10.5.1, and the Software Update was trying to update it to 10.5.8 using the combo update. However it kept failing.

I went to Apple's website and found that 10.5.8 requires at least 10.5.5 to install. So I downloaded 10.5.5 combo update from Apple's website, installed it fine, then ran Software Update and installed the 10.5.8 combo update.

The combo and single updates for Leopard are on the second page of this Apple support link.

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#macosx105