Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OliverWhitham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Hi all,

First off I think it is refreshing to find an iPhone forum that allows developers to have a say! Thanks for letting us talk about or work with our potential players:)

My name is Oliver Whitham, I am an official representative of IngZ Inc, an Austin based iPhone applications developer, and I am excited to announce the upcoming public beta of our space MMORPG Traveller-AR which will soon be available on the iPhone, iPad, and iTouch.

On the run up to the game launch we are having plenty of competitions (Found on the Traveller-AR facebook page) and we will be looking for plenty of feedback on ways to improve the game.

But what is Traveller-AR?

Traveller-AR, in its simplest form, is a MMORPG for the iPhone which is set in space, to put it a little more accurately, it is set in the Traveller universe, created by nearly 40 years of gameplay by avid pen and paper roleplayers.

This has given us a vast universe to play with, and an ever vaster collection of gameplay elements to put in to action, including trading, exploration, and of course fighting.

To help you make the most of this universe we let you play our game in classic Hex mode (which the older Traveller players should fondly remember) a 3D space mode and an augmented reality mode, letting you interact with ships (NPC or players) above the Earth's surface. We also have a portal view, if you want to check out some of the well crafted scenery around you.

While we have most of our basic gameplay elements in place, we really want some feedback from iPhone gamers, particularly those that might have played the original Traveller games. Any interest in MMO's or space exploration/trade/combat would also be more than welcome to help us fine tune our systems. Just so you know, we have put a lot of work in to balancing things like trade vs military encounters!

You can register for our public beta on our homepage.

Traveller-AR

You will be informed as soon as the free beta is available for signups :)

While we cannot guarantee this just yet, depending how the Beta advances we may be able to allow beta testers to transfer some items across to the final live release.

If anybody has any questions at all I would be happy to answer them (Just reply to this post) and I will keep you up to date on all the upcoming news!

All the Best

Oliver

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.