PDA

View Full Version : Change your voice with garageband through skype!

cgxev
May 14, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hi folks

As the title says, I'm wondering how to play your voice through garageband into skype?

I'm actually really curious if there are people out there who know how to!

no more comments! XD.

cheers beau.

jackerin
May 14, 2011, 06:05 PM
This is all theoretical, but you could try installing Soundflower, then have Garageband use your regular input and choose Soundflower out and try to get Skype to accept the output as input via Soundflower.

cgxev
Jul 13, 2011, 04:37 PM
This is all theoretical, but you could try installing Soundflower, then have Garageband use your regular input and choose Soundflower out and try to get Skype to accept the output as input via Soundflower.

Is there any other way? I tried it but it isn't really efficient.

I'd like to use the input from my logitech G330.

Thanks

jackerin
Jul 13, 2011, 05:16 PM
Since I don't know every piece of software I can't say absolutely that there is no other way. What you do need is some way of transforming the audio and then getting it to Skype; either this will happen through an application "outside" of Skype which you will then need to route to the Skype input again, or you could see if there are plug-ins for Skype for this very purpose.

Or you could get another computer next to your main one where you run Garageband with voice distortion, then take the audio out from that to the audio in on your main computer! How's that for efficient :D