PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook screen latch

Palad1
Mar 14, 2005, 04:28 AM
Hello,

After one year, the screen latch of my powerbook is failing. There seems to be a tiny spring that has loosened and it doesn't close as neatly as before.

Here's my question: if the spring fails, is there a risk I won't be able to open my powerbook?

You have one hour, then I'll fetch the copies.
Good luck.

russed
Mar 14, 2005, 04:48 AM
i would guess it would be the case that you wouldnt be able to close your powerbook (well hold it closed). the latch mechanism seems pretty complicated from what i can tell. if you are worrying about it and it is still under warranty - give apple a ring and get it fixed!

GoCubsGo
Mar 14, 2005, 08:39 AM
You have one hour, then I'll fetch the copies.
Good luck.

Tell me you're kidding about giving us a deadline to answer your question. The same question that could have been answered in 3 minutes with a call to Apple!

At any rate, I've asked a few of these similar questions at the Apple store, their tech guys said if it is under 1 year old and I don't have Apple Care they will fix it--if it is failing because of defect not because of abuse. If you have Apple Care obviously this is extended.

Good luck to you. If I missed your deadline then omit my answer. ;)

Palad1
Mar 14, 2005, 09:39 AM
Tell me you're kidding about giving us a deadline to answer your question. The same question that could have been answered in 3 minutes with a call to Apple!

I guess that one got lost in translation then ;)

Thanks for the info!