PDA

View Full Version : Moving RootView and DetailView to Tab Bar from Nav based app

newtoiphonesdk
May 14, 2011, 06:41 PM
I have been working on an RSS reader app for quite some time, and I want to implement it as a part of another app already developed. I have the RootViewController.h,m,xib DetailView.h,m,xib all copied to the tab bar app. In IB I go to the tab I would like the Blog and RootViewController to appear and change the Class Identity to RootViewController, but when I compile the app, it stays the same. Am I going about this the wrong way?

jnoxx
May 15, 2011, 06:58 AM
Just copying/paste doesn't work in objective-C mostly, it even gives the most errors >.> :)

What u want to do, is go to your mainWindow.xib, so your tabbarcontroller, go to your library, add a navigation controller, open it up, set the rootviewController to class RootViewController and nib file to RootViewController.
Then in there load your detailview, depends on what u want to do.

newtoiphonesdk
May 16, 2011, 08:53 PM
Just copying/paste doesn't work in objective-C mostly, it even gives the most errors >.> :)

What u want to do, is go to your mainWindow.xib, so your tabbarcontroller, go to your library, add a navigation controller, open it up, set the rootviewController to class RootViewController and nib file to RootViewController.
Then in there load your detailview, depends on what u want to do.

Thanks. I was able to get it there.