PDA

View Full Version : Finally a solution for losing itunes songs?

MNealBarrett
May 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
I've been using iTunes since very shortly after the iTunes music store first became available. Over these years, I have lost a lot of songs, for various reasons. I lost quite a few a few years ago, when I had a hard drive crash and before I was quite so careful about making backups. I've been making more frequent backups since then, but I still lose songs occasionally because my GF likes to purchase songs through my account on her laptop, and we sometimes don't quite get our collections "in sync" with each other.

Anyway, I am hoping that the new enhanced MobileMe system (or "iTunes Cloud", or "iCloud", or whatever it ends up being called) will finally be the solution for recovering the songs I've lost over the years, and keep me and the GF from losing songs in the future.

Obviously, Apple must have a record somewhere of the songs purchased from each iTunes account. When the new Cloud system goes live, I am hoping that each "iCloud" account will be immediately populated with all the songs purchased through the iTunes account retroactively. Then, I can simple re-download all those songs that are in my iCloud account and not in the iTunes library on my home system.